ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rotten d

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
norwichchris
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 57
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 18:55
Gender: Male

Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rotten d

Post by norwichchris »

:no no http://www.workerspower.co.uk/2013/10/p ... tten-deal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :no no
daveallum
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 175
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 17:42
Gender: Male

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by daveallum »

Despite being an ex postie,I have still followed everything about the strike and privatisation etc etc and having read what the CWU have stated I can't help feeling that everyone is going to be stitched up again.I know that a lot of people are saying wait for the finer details to be announced but I feel very uneasy about this and hope that I am proved wrong.For what it's worth I voted against the 2010 agreement but alas most people saw the dangling carrot of some cash and everyone got s**t upon.

Good luck guys.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by clashcityrocker »

"workers power" is pretty much the sort of stuff I would have written as a 15 year old.
I think what is really bugging them is that the talk of the strike being "stood down" makes us sound like an IRA active service unit and they are jealous.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
adrianjames
Posts: 33
Joined: 25 Jul 2009, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by adrianjames »

Workers power what a load of absolute fruit cakes,most probably never worked in their lives :nana
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by fishtank »

Workers Power is a revolutionary communist organisation formed in 1976 in the tradition of Marx, Engels, Lenin and Trotsky and applying their ideas to the fight against capitalism today.

Capitalism is a crisis-ridden social system that repeatedly plunges the world into destructive phases of economic downturn, instability and war. Private ownership of the means of production obstructs the development of human potential and leaves billions in poverty while a handful of oligarchs monopolise wealth and resources.

They do of course accept donations via American Express,Mastercard,Visa or even Direct Debit.
There's principles and then there's the reality that man cannot survive on just his Student Loan even if daddy is still sending the allowance cheques once a month.
We are the British Section of an international tendency
Of all the descriptive group nouns tendency has to be the weakest. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
thelastpostie
Posts: 46
Joined: 30 Sep 2010, 20:46
Gender: Male

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by thelastpostie »

clashcityrocker wrote:"workers power" is pretty much the sort of stuff I would have written as a 15 year old.
I think what is really bugging them is that the talk of the strike being "stood down" makes us sound like an IRA active service unit and they are jealous.

:chuckle These Workers Power and SWP guys are a bunch barrack-room lawyer's and armchair revolutionaries who are full of theoretical arguments that bear no relation to the real world. Whenever they'd would turn up when we were on a picket line, with their comic of a paper in hand. We'd 'politely' tell them where to go :Very Happy
Budfrog
Posts: 893
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by Budfrog »

The emphasis must always be on reaching an agreement, not striking, and there is nothing to suggest that CWU leadership are not working towards that aim.
banner18
Posts: 636
Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
Gender: Male

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by banner18 »

fishtank wrote:
Workers Power is a revolutionary communist organisation formed in 1976 in the tradition of Marx, Engels, Lenin and Trotsky and applying their ideas to the fight against capitalism today.

Capitalism is a crisis-ridden social system that repeatedly plunges the world into destructive phases of economic downturn, instability and war. Private ownership of the means of production obstructs the development of human potential and leaves billions in poverty while a handful of oligarchs monopolise wealth and resources.

They do of course accept donations via American Express,Mastercard,Visa or even Direct Debit.
There's principles and then there's the reality that man cannot survive on just his Student Loan even if daddy is still sending the allowance cheques once a month.
We are the British Section of an international tendency
Of all the descriptive group nouns tendency has to be the weakest. :cuppa

Lol, the alternative is collective ownership of the means of production which has to be administered by a small group/government which then becomes corrupted and shafts everyone as history has proved over and over. Not much choice really.
banner18
Posts: 636
Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
Gender: Male

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by banner18 »

Also, I would agree with workers power on every point if I were just writing about it and not living it.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by fishtank »

banner18 wrote:Also, I would agree with workers power on every point if I were just writing about it and not living it.
To be honest it was allegedly written by a CWU Rep and to be fair there are valid points mixed in with an obviously deep seated hatred of all leaders(Workers Power default setting).

The flaws in the argument are too big to ignore though,the main one being a call to reject a deal that no-one knows the details of based purely on the fact that if the CWU negotiated it,it must be shite.
That might be the case but I would rather see what I'm rejecting before I reject it.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
banner18
Posts: 636
Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
Gender: Male

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by banner18 »

fishtank wrote:
banner18 wrote:Also, I would agree with workers power on every point if I were just writing about it and not living it.
To be honest it was allegedly written by a CWU Rep and to be fair there are valid points mixed in with an obviously deep seated hatred of all leaders(Workers Power default setting).

The flaws in the argument are too big to ignore though,the main one being a call to reject a deal that no-one knows the details of based purely on the fact that if the CWU negotiated it,it must be shite.
That might be the case but I would rather see what I'm rejecting before I reject it.


Yes, very strange that these guys aren't anarchists. As for the deal, I think their will be concessions from both sides and some will not be happy. We will get to vote on it regardless.
Danelectro
Posts: 1058
Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by Danelectro »

banner18 wrote:

Lol, the alternative is collective ownership of the means of production which has to be administered by a small group/government which then becomes corrupted and shafts everyone as history has proved over and over. Not much choice really.
and reality is the same as above but without pretending theres collective ownership.As my Ma used to say- 2 wrongs don't make a right.

and aye the last 2 sections of the workers power article is la la land but lets wait and see how the union will tackle the unachievable workloads and bullying in any new agreement,the signs don't look good from the joint statement and theres hints of the same approach that made BT2010 so unpopular and open to abuse by management.

They have been talking since April and then we announce 1 day of strike action and suddenly the CWU and Royal Mail know what a fair days workload looks like.Does anyone know what chaotic absorption will be replaced by?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by k979aaa »

Danelectro wrote:
banner18 wrote:

Lol, the alternative is collective ownership of the means of production which has to be administered by a small group/government which then becomes corrupted and shafts everyone as history has proved over and over. Not much choice really.
and reality is the same as above but without pretending theres collective ownership.As my Ma used to say- 2 wrongs don't make a right.

and aye the last 2 sections of the workers power article is la la land but lets wait and see how the union will tackle the unachievable workloads and bullying in any new agreement,the signs don't look good from the joint statement and theres hints of the same approach that made BT2010 so unpopular and open to abuse by management.

They have been talking since April and then we announce 1 day of strike action and suddenly the CWU and Royal Mail know what a fair days workload looks like.Does anyone know what chaotic absorption will be replaced by?
Planed absorption with 3 year old kids working our workloads?
teesdale
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 430
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 16:31

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by teesdale »

Separate pension agreement.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Postal workers watch your leaders: CWU tops aim for rott

Post by Judgee »

Mock it as you wish and yes there are some nutty suggestion in it too. But for the most part it rings true. The CWU statement is wishy-washy and vague. Delaying strike action only favours the RM leadership, the longer they can hold it off the better for them it will be.

Time will tell but I would not be surprised if the CWU land us with another "deal of the century" :arrrghhh

Hope I'm wrong on this I really do but history has a habit of repeating itself! :roll:

....and someone please tell why the pension issue needs to be dealt with seperately. If all other issues are resolved the pension issue will have much less suport when dealt with at a later date surely? :hmmmm
Union what Union? Do we have a union?