http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... th-6253376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Around 150 workers at Rochdale's delivery office in Ainsworth Street left their work stations when a postal worker who was scheduled to carry out driving duties was asked to make deliveries on foot instead.
Share on print Share on email
Royal Mail staff walked out on Saturday morning (October 26) after a row over a postal worker's duties.
Around 150 workers at Rochdale's delivery office in Ainsworth Street left their work stations when a postal worker who was scheduled to carry out driving duties was asked to make deliveries on foot instead.
Unions say the decision resulted to a heated discussion between staff and managers which led workers walking out.
Ted Stead, Rochdale branch sectary for the Communication Workers Union, said the matter was resolved quickly when high level talks between staff representatives and managers began.
He said: “The matter was solved amicably and people couldn't have been out for more than 30 minutes.”
Post deliveries in Rochdale on Saturday were not affected by the walk out.
In a separate dispute, Royal Mail staff are planning to hold a 24-hour strike next Monday (November 4) in a row over changes to their pay and terms and conditions.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postal staff walk out in dispute over work duties -Rochdale
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postal staff walk out in dispute over work duties -Rochdale
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: Postal staff walk out in dispute over work duties -Rochd
I may be wrong but I am sure the old 318's used to say at the bottom of every page. Or as directed
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postal staff walk out in dispute over work duties -Rochd
cloherty1976 wrote:I may be wrong but I am sure the old 318's used to say at the bottom of every page. Or as directed
Your point............. or just a dig
and anyway 318s are so old school, they no longer exist.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: Postal staff walk out in dispute over work duties -Rochd
That's the point I am old schoolTrueBlueTerrier wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:I may be wrong but I am sure the old 318's used to say at the bottom of every page. Or as directed![]()
Your point............. or just a dig
and anyway 318s are so old school, they no longer exist.
-
Pete22
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 16:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cook-coo land
Re: Postal staff walk out in dispute over work duties -Rochd
If its a reasonable request by a manager namely doing a delivery whether on foot or driving then I thought you couldn't refuse. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postal staff walk out in dispute over work duties -Rochd
But was the reasonable request put in a reasonable manner. ????Pete22 wrote:If its a reasonable request by a manager namely doing a delivery whether on foot or driving then I thought you couldn't refuse.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Pete22
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 16:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cook-coo land
Re: Postal staff walk out in dispute over work duties -Rochd
Yeah probably tried shifting him after somebody phoned in sick and he had his other duty prepped.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:But was the reasonable request put in a reasonable manner. ????Pete22 wrote:If its a reasonable request by a manager namely doing a delivery whether on foot or driving then I thought you couldn't refuse.
That wouldn't have surprised me.