ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
worried
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
It goes to show that the Union should have picked Wednesday or Thursday - own goal!
I think some of the MDEC staff also work to fit your schedules - so they will not be striking also.
I think some of the MDEC staff also work to fit your schedules - so they will not be striking also.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: worried
Think of it another way when Royal Mail announce there figures of who worked the percentage will be a lot higher. Also mail centre workers do the same as Monday is quite often on overtime..aiden01 wrote:HA HA DONT THINK SO MOST MC WORKERS WORK TUES TO SAT ARE THEY GOING TO PAY EVERYONE WHO HAS MON OFF THAT INCLUDES PPL IN DEL WHO,S ROTATING DAY OFF IS MON.cloherty1976 wrote:Of course you willaiden01 wrote:SO MY DAY OFF IS MONDAY WILL I GET 3OO QUID.chrisj wrote:Retraction: the information about the £300 bribe is not as prominent as it had been...
However, just because the £300 was not mentioned in the latest particular bulletin does not mean it has been withdrawn.
Why would they want to put something that is inflammatory in a missive that is urging dialogue. they probably would not want to have to pay the amount because I am not sure what precedent that will set or how legal that is.
Nonetheless, a whole load of people still think it is being paid - job done for RM.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
WHY WOULD I THEY ARE FREE AND PROBABLY NOT WORTH MUCH BY THE TIME I CAN SELL THEM.[/quote]Mike1 wrote:Did you opt out of the free shares?
LOL, that pretty much sums you up. If you don't know what I'm getting at then don't bother replying.
Enjoy your Monday off.[/quote]
what are you getting at your going into work on an official strike day.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
I would have more sympathy for you chris if you were just a guy who didn't believe in striking and who had quietly decided to do things his own way but you're not.chrisj wrote:It goes to show that the Union should have picked Wednesday or Thursday - own goal!
I think some of the MDEC staff also work to fit your schedules - so they will not be striking also.
You are clearly desperate for the strike to fail and are desperate to find anything you can to undermine those strikes or the union as a whole,why I have no idea...
Perhaps you are not what or who you say you are.
Perhaps you do not fully understand the consequences of this industrial action failing.
Perhaps you are bitter about a particular experience.
Perhaps you are just stupid.
I don't really care anymore.
Whatever it is in my opinion what you are doing on this board is pathetic and nasty,If you do not want to strike I'm fine with that but trying to convince others to join you is quite frankly reprehensible and disgusting..
I have played about with you for long enough and you have made yourself look foolish because there is no substance to your arguments.
Fuckety bye.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
Some of this workforce really do baffle me, especially the ones who should know better. They are either just plain dumb or can't see the wood for the trees.
They will be the first to stamp there feet on the floor and have a hissy fit when they are either out of a job or have terms and conditions ruined because of THEMSELVES.
I've only been in the company 4 years and I've seen a lot change in that time, pretty much all of it for the worse (cost cutting, manager intimidation, the revisions, people being sacked for next to nothing, and now privatisation), and I've got another 40+ until retirement, and I will fight for my future and to protect my job, my pay and pension amongst my fellow un-brainwashed and level headed colleagues, who know the score and how much s**t will hit the fan if we give up and lay down in quite possibly our biggest ever fight we'll be in.
Some say we should be happy to have a job and that is fair enough, but I wont be very happy a year or 3 down the line, and neither will many others when RM start cutting the workforce down and the hours, and the pay........to make big profit, which is what private companies, always have and will continue to do. The clock is ticking. But if we stick together this doesn't have to happen.
Remember this:
Short term loss = long term gain.
Short term gain = long term pain.
They will be the first to stamp there feet on the floor and have a hissy fit when they are either out of a job or have terms and conditions ruined because of THEMSELVES.
I've only been in the company 4 years and I've seen a lot change in that time, pretty much all of it for the worse (cost cutting, manager intimidation, the revisions, people being sacked for next to nothing, and now privatisation), and I've got another 40+ until retirement, and I will fight for my future and to protect my job, my pay and pension amongst my fellow un-brainwashed and level headed colleagues, who know the score and how much s**t will hit the fan if we give up and lay down in quite possibly our biggest ever fight we'll be in.
Some say we should be happy to have a job and that is fair enough, but I wont be very happy a year or 3 down the line, and neither will many others when RM start cutting the workforce down and the hours, and the pay........to make big profit, which is what private companies, always have and will continue to do. The clock is ticking. But if we stick together this doesn't have to happen.
Remember this:
Short term loss = long term gain.
Short term gain = long term pain.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
surely cloherty you,re not saying rm will diddle the figures.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
thevardinator wrote:Some of this workforce really do baffle me, especially the ones who should know better. They are either just plain dumb or can't see the wood for the trees.
They will be the first to stamp there feet on the floor and have a hissy fit when they are either out of a job or have terms and conditions ruined because of THEMSELVES.
I've only been in the company 4 years and I've seen a lot change in that time, pretty much all of it for the worse (cost cutting, manager intimidation, the revisions, people being sacked for next to nothing, and now privatisation), and I've got another 40+ until retirement, and I will fight for my future and to protect my job, my pay and pension amongst my fellow un-brainwashed and level headed colleagues, who know the score and how much s**t will hit the fan if we give up and lay down in quite possibly our biggest ever fight we'll be in.
Some say we should be happy to have a job and that is fair enough, but I wont be very happy a year or 3 down the line, and neither will many others when RM start cutting the workforce down and the hours, and the pay........to make big profit, which is what private companies, always have and will continue to do. The clock is ticking. But if we stick together this doesn't have to happen.
Remember this:
Short term loss = long term gain.
Short term gain = long term pain.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
Mike1
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 05:43
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
LOL, that pretty much sums you up. If you don't know what I'm getting at then don't bother replying.aiden01 wrote:WHY WOULD I THEY ARE FREE AND PROBABLY NOT WORTH MUCH BY THE TIME I CAN SELL THEM.Mike1 wrote:Did you opt out of the free shares?
Enjoy your Monday off.[/quote]
what are you getting at your going into work on an official strike day.[/quote]
I'm going into work on "strike day" because I'm on a short term contract, which is pretty much the same as an agency worker imo. Why would I want to support the old timers who don't care about P/T contracts and risk losing my own job? Wake up and smell the coffee.
I was laughing at you because you accepted the free shares...you had the chance of opting out, but you didn't. If I was F/T and felt strongly enough about the situation on T&C's, then I'd have refused them.
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
Right.... and I'm sure if you were on the Titanic and felt that the captain had done a shitty job of steering the ship you'd have refused a lifejacket.I was laughing at you because you accepted the free shares...you had the chance of opting out, but you didn't. If I was F/T and felt strongly enough about the situation on T&C's, then I'd have refused them.]
-
banner18
- Posts: 636
- Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
wiganpostie wrote:Right.... and I'm sure if you were on the Titanic and felt that the captain had done a shitty job of steering the ship you'd have refused a lifejacket.I was laughing at you because you accepted the free shares...you had the chance of opting out, but you didn't. If I was F/T and felt strongly enough about the situation on T&C's, then I'd have refused them.]
Not really a good analogy. The fact is that we all bow to the demon god of money when it boils down to it, thats how the system keeps going.
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
The implication - for those of our less intelligent colleagues - is that Moya has received legal advice that paying a lump sum to one section of employees, and not to others is blatant discrimination and would result in legal action by the CWU, on behalf of all those who did not receive the lump sum.fishtank wrote:This has now changed to...Committed to reaching agreement 28/10/2013.fishtank wrote:GROUND-BREAKING OFFER
» A highly competitive pay offer worth 8.6% over three years, plus a £300 lump sum in year one, subject to certain conditions.
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... 0final.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And it quite clearly has something missing....Ground-breaking offer
• The offer includes an 8.6% increase in pay, allowances and overtime payments, over
three years.
The complete lack of reference to the lump sum seems to mean that a £300 lump sum will not be paid to any employee, strike or no strike.
If any fool crosses the line on Monday because they believe they are going to receive £300, then I can't wait to see their dumbfounded reaction when the deal we eventually get to vote on contains no mention of any 'reward' for those that chased the FOOL'S GOLD
-
Mike1
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 05:43
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
You miss my point completely...but funny post!wiganpostie wrote:Right.... and I'm sure if you were on the Titanic and felt that the captain had done a shitty job of steering the ship you'd have refused a lifejacket.I was laughing at you because you accepted the free shares...you had the chance of opting out, but you didn't. If I was F/T and felt strongly enough about the situation on T&C's, then I'd have refused them.]
I'm a very good swimmer and would have given my lifejacket to the most attractive lady on the Titanic.
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Re: worried
cue wiganpostie quoting Dido...???
I will go down with this ship, and I won't put my hands up, and surrender
There will be no White Flag above my door ...
I will go down with this ship, and I won't put my hands up, and surrender
There will be no White Flag above my door ...
-
barbario
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28
Re: worried
All these posties who come in during the strike,they do realise they could be out of a job in three years time if we loss,don't they.?