ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

new job

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by Burghboy »

thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
star2010
Posts: 130
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by star2010 »

:funneh
Burghboy wrote:thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
where you from mate? bit worrying aint it, i came on this website and it made me fell like that...
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by Burghboy »

star2010 wrote::funneh
Burghboy wrote:thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
where you from mate? bit worrying aint it, i came on this website and it made me fell like that...

Dundee bud.
star2010
Posts: 130
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by star2010 »

Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote::funneh
Burghboy wrote:thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
where you from mate? bit worrying aint it, i came on this website and it made me fell like that...

Dundee bud.

Temporary contract??
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by Burghboy »

star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote::funneh
Burghboy wrote:thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
where you from mate? bit worrying aint it, i came on this website and it made me fell like that...

Dundee bud.

Temporary contract??

Yup
star2010
Posts: 130
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by star2010 »

Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote::funneh
Burghboy wrote:thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
where you from mate? bit worrying aint it, i came on this website and it made me fell like that...

Dundee bud.

Temporary contract??

Yup

let me guess 25 hours a week / 3 month contract :thumbup
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by Burghboy »

star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote::funneh
Burghboy wrote:thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
where you from mate? bit worrying aint it, i came on this website and it made me fell like that...

Dundee bud.

Temporary contract??

Yup

let me guess 25 hours a week / 3 month contract :thumbup

Just the 20..
star2010
Posts: 130
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by star2010 »

Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote::funneh
Burghboy wrote:thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
where you from mate? bit worrying aint it, i came on this website and it made me fell like that...

Dundee bud.

Temporary contract??

Yup
ok mate good luck is it your 1st day at the office or the induction?? if uve done the induction what was it like??

let me guess 25 hours a week / 3 month contract :thumbup

Just the 20..
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by Burghboy »

star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote::funneh
Burghboy wrote:thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
where you from mate? bit worrying aint it, i came on this website and it made me fell like that...

Dundee bud.

Temporary contract??

Yup
ok mate good luck is it your 1st day at the office or the induction?? if uve done the induction what was it like??

let me guess 25 hours a week / 3 month contract :thumbup

Just the 20..

1st day, did the induction on monday, it was a lot of information most of which I will most likely forget
star2010
Posts: 130
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by star2010 »

Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote::funneh
Burghboy wrote:thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
where you from mate? bit worrying aint it, i came on this website and it made me fell like that...

Dundee bud.

Temporary contract??

Yup
ok mate good luck is it your 1st day at the office or the induction?? if uve done the induction what was it like??

let me guess 25 hours a week / 3 month contract :thumbup

Just the 20..

1st day, did the induction on monday, it was a lot of information most of which I will most likely forget
so you enjoyed it then :crazy: good luck
cweg
Posts: 80
Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by cweg »

I was a bit worried before I started a few weeks ago after reading this forum but I'm enjoying the job so far. My manager is a good guy and is always happy to help me out.

I've had no issues with unpaid overtime at all. If I think I'm going to go over my time I'll call my manager and let him know, adding that I'm happy to work overtime to finish. Just make sure you fill in the docket.

It's not as bad as it sounds!
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: new job

Post by wacko74 »

Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
star2010 wrote::funneh
Burghboy wrote:thought i'd look in before I start tomorrow seen this thread and now having second thoughts! :nana
where you from mate? bit worrying aint it, i came on this website and it made me fell like that...

Dundee bud.

Temporary contract??

Yup

let me guess 25 hours a week / 3 month contract :thumbup

Just the 20..
Bit of a long shot but if you're only on 20 hours a week and there are others in your D.O. on the same why don't look into the possibility of doing a fulltime jobshare? I.e. week on-week off, working full-time hours on your week in, probably need a very amenable DOM but I cant see why it couldn't be done in theory.