ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Strike day

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Strike day

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

trevjim its not rocket science - if you strike you don't go to work unless you want to be on the picket line. If you don't want to strike, ummm well you go to work as normal. There is no procedure.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
trevjim
Posts: 170
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: Strike day

Post by trevjim »

WornOutPosty wrote:Yes you can just turn up for work like normal, there will also be lots of potential overtime covering those rounds where people aren't in and are striking.

(for the moaners: I'm not saying this is what should be done or that the this is ethical, just advising what the OP could do should he wish). :crazy:
Thanks, seems like you are the only one on here over 12.
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Re: Strike day

Post by borgpicard »

:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
Chelseablue wrote:Grow some bollox mate
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Strike day

Post by Chelseablue »

Pls everyone ignore this c o ck from now on
onthestella
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 May 2008, 11:17
Gender: Male
Location: Stuck on M25

Re: Strike day

Post by onthestella »

Trev you have the backbone of a jellyfish, I don't know what kind of an Englishman you class yourself as but if my Grandad and his comrades had nuts as small as yours I'd be on here writing in German. Grow a wee pair.
raseth
Posts: 5
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 20:10
Gender: Male

Re: Strike day

Post by raseth »

No if s and buts. Only strike--@@ :nana :coolr
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Strike day

Post by Judgee »

trevjim wrote:
onthestella wrote:We'll Said Chelsea, when Our Trev gets his Xmas bonus this year I hope he invests in a pair :funneh
I got a bigger pair by not striking and getting on with it the way the English do, or at last used to do.


I thought you were Canadian Moya... bit worried about your bigger pair I thought you were full post op now? :hmmmm
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
rjack
Posts: 98
Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 09:42
Gender: Male
Location: wales

Re: Strike day

Post by rjack »

I thought on a strike day you had to turn up at the gates and not just stay at home to be covered by the union, hope this makes some sort of sense.
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Strike day

Post by chrisj »

This goes to show that this was not a dumb question, after all. The last strike was in 2009 and a lot of new starters will probably have never encountered a 'Strike' before - even those that had jobs before.

The other thing is that if one had got their impression of strikes from TV historians and other such documentaries, one might think that one has to be on the picket lines because back in days the workers go on mass walkouts and they do hang about the work place during strikes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... _All_7779/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I love the conclusion: we are now a nation more in love with money than ever before (paraphrase). And what was the Unions contribution to bringing in Mrs T?
Last edited by chrisj on 29 Oct 2013, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Postaltony
Posts: 120
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Strike day

Post by Postaltony »

trevjim wrote:
onthestella wrote:We'll Said Chelsea, when Our Trev gets his Xmas bonus this year I hope he invests in a pair :funneh
I got a bigger pair by not striking and getting on with it the way the English do, or at last used to do.
Instead of being selfish by reaping the benefits of the sacrifices being made by your colleagues who will strike.
Why don't you join them and stand up for what's right instead of just accepting that its ok to be shafted (no pun intended).