ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Unreported Incident
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Unreported Incident
Trouble is, there are no hard and fast rules on these types of conduct cases. It is up to the manager that deals with it, and if they don't like you, you can end up with a very severe punishment, whilst one of the pets can do something far worse, and aren't even taken into the office for a quiet word. 
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Kafinater
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 21 Apr 2013, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
Will I be staying on the rural? Not sure, I'm on a reserve list so I do whatever management want. As far as easy is concerned, being on a bike is not so easy...just add water and you have a real headache.
Was it fair? I suppose yes, overall, it probably was. I failed to report an incident. What I find hard to cope with is the way its dealt with, the process. Interview by line manager, response within 3 days. 3 days notice of an interview with a higher level manager....well, it goes on, it feels like you're a ten year old back at school!
Its made me think about the job I do and how feel I'm treated. I do enjoy what I do, which is delivering mail to my customers, what I don't like is the politics.
I can cope with not being a driver for the time being.
Robtor...PM me, who are you?
Was it fair? I suppose yes, overall, it probably was. I failed to report an incident. What I find hard to cope with is the way its dealt with, the process. Interview by line manager, response within 3 days. 3 days notice of an interview with a higher level manager....well, it goes on, it feels like you're a ten year old back at school!
Its made me think about the job I do and how feel I'm treated. I do enjoy what I do, which is delivering mail to my customers, what I don't like is the politics.
I can cope with not being a driver for the time being.
Robtor...PM me, who are you?
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
make sure you have waterproofs/hi-vis given to you, AND most importantly a new bicycle helmet.Kafinater wrote:Will I be staying on the rural? Not sure, I'm on a reserve list so I do whatever management want. As far as easy is concerned, being on a bike is not so easy...just add water and you have a real headache.Was it fair? I suppose yes, overall, it probably was. I failed to report an incident. What I find hard to cope with is the way its dealt with, the process. Interview by line manager, response within 3 days. 3 days notice of an interview with a higher level manager....well, it goes on, it feels like you're a ten year old back at school!
Its made me think about the job I do and how feel I'm treated. I do enjoy what I do, which is delivering mail to my customers, what I don't like is the politics.
I can cope with not being a driver for the time being.
Robtor...PM me, who are you?
-
Kafinater
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 21 Apr 2013, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but the latest is that after about 8 weeks of being suspended from driving for 6 months, I was reinstated as a driver on my own duty because while I wasn't driving they struggled to cover it!!
I also decided to train as a driving instructor which is on going!
I also decided to train as a driving instructor which is on going!
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3233
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
I would have told them to ram it.Kafinater wrote:Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but the latest is that after about 8 weeks of being suspended from driving for 6 months, I was reinstated as a driver on my own duty because while I wasn't driving they struggled to cover it!!
I also decided to train as a driving instructor which is on going!
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Unreported Incident
Well done.Kafinater wrote:Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but the latest is that after about 8 weeks of being suspended from driving for 6 months, I was reinstated as a driver on my own duty because while I wasn't driving they struggled to cover it!!
I also decided to train as a driving instructor which is on going!
-
llcoolh
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 08:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Unreported Incident
Thanks for sharing your story with us. Being a new driver myself I learnt a lot from your experience.
I must report anything regardless whether the incident its big or small.
Finally, well done for getting your duty back
I must report anything regardless whether the incident its big or small.
Finally, well done for getting your duty back
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Unreported Incident
Kafinater wrote:Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but the latest is that after about 8 weeks of being suspended from driving for 6 months, I was reinstated as a driver on my own duty because while I wasn't driving they struggled to cover it!!
I also decided to train as a driving instructor which is on going!
Sounds fair. Glad your back so to speak.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........