ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Carnage on strike day

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by Caniel »

Could always send an A5 post card special delivery with an amusing (not abusive) message on the back for the picket line crossing postie/manager that goes out to deliver it
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by Lincox »

I think Teebs is right. If we are to strike then we must take this seriously and professionally and not fall into the gutter tactics that our employer will no doubt try to destroy this action with. We have a just cause and need to engage with the public. 50% of this action is to fight for and maintain a service which has been around for centuries.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by arnold cheshire »

tiredm wrote:Might it be fun if everyone sent themselves a 9am special to arrive on 4th November. Imagine the carnage.
the strike could be on the 5th nov for deliveries
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by arnold cheshire »

tiredm wrote:Might it be fun if everyone sent themselves a 9am special to arrive on 4th November. Imagine the carnage.
im going to lose enough im not spending six to 18 pounds on a letter :funneh
Mike1
Posts: 21
Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 05:43
Gender: Male

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by Mike1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Careful people. Some members are probably not what they purport to be, and you may be falling into a trap. Don't forget that people have been sacked for comments on here and facebook, and that you are responsible for what you post.

For the lurking managers please comment and join in, you will get flack thats in the nature of your job, but if you couldn't handle it then management is not for you. However, I firmly believe it is good to hear real views from the opposite side as the only way communication works is if both sides are honest and open. Snidey, childish and comments designed to get a reaction are not welcome,although, sadly, we get plenty of them already.
I'm P/T and not a lurking manager, but thanks for the welcome.
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by 2pints »

I do not agree with striking,guess i am a manager too? :crazy: Crazy,paranoid people on this forum.My driving assessment is due on nov 4th and yes,i am still attending.With my driving in place i can do more overtime,which means more money for my family.Sue me.
WHITEANT
Posts: 312
Joined: 17 May 2009, 23:02
Gender: Male

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by WHITEANT »

2pints wrote:I do not agree with striking,guess i am a manager too? :crazy: Crazy,paranoid people on this forum.My driving assessment is due on nov 4th and yes,i am still attending.With my driving in place i can do more overtime,which means more money for my family.Sue me.
Attention seeker me thinks ,enjoy your driving and overtime on the 4th Nov .
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by Lincox »

2 Pints, you will need more than overtime to make up your wages if there is no deal forthcoming and the strikes fail. Hourly rates falling from £10 to £7. Over a week thats approx a decrease of £120 or another 17 hours a week you will need to work to stand still. Why not write to Moya now and say that you are against striking and ask her to cut your rate now so that you can get used to it before the rest of us.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Mike1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Careful people. Some members are probably not what they purport to be, and you may be falling into a trap. Don't forget that people have been sacked for comments on here and facebook, and that you are responsible for what you post.

For the lurking managers please comment and join in, you will get flack thats in the nature of your job, but if you couldn't handle it then management is not for you. However, I firmly believe it is good to hear real views from the opposite side as the only way communication works is if both sides are honest and open. Snidey, childish and comments designed to get a reaction are not welcome,although, sadly, we get plenty of them already.
I'm P/T and not a lurking manager, but thanks for the welcome.

The post was not aimed at you it was aimed at everyone. Everyone on here should self censor themselves and not leave it to others, after all what you post is your responsibility and we already know what happened in previous strikes.

As you have posted you could hardly be called lurking. I don't care if anyone is PT. FT, Casual, CEO or Line Manager, they all have opinions and as long as they are honest about their views they are welcomed, at least by me. I get flack for Moderating and being a loony lefty, I don't give a flying fig - it comes with the territory. Getting flack for being a manager is also to be expected, but it won't be allowed to go OTT. Even posties get flack on here for complaining (gosh how dare they) and again its comes with the territory.

However, I have much more respect for those getting the flack, than I do for those giving it just because they can. Constructive criticism should be encouraged and engaged with, name calling and put downs based on someones political beliefs, or job title is the domain of fools and wastrels.

Anyway back on topic and Be Careful Out there everyone.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by k979aaa »

WHITEANT wrote:
2pints wrote:I do not agree with striking,guess i am a manager too? :crazy: Crazy,paranoid people on this forum.My driving assessment is due on nov 4th and yes,i am still attending.With my driving in place i can do more overtime,which means more money for my family.Sue me.
Attention seeker me thinks ,enjoy your driving and overtime on the 4th Nov .
The firemen are out too maybe he will crash and burn? :shock:
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Does rle get a message at 8am saying please deliver your 9am specials in the next hour?
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
mlw
Posts: 182
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 21:32
Gender: Male

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by mlw »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Mike1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Careful people. Some members are probably not what they purport to be, and you may be falling into a trap. Don't forget that people have been sacked for comments on here and facebook, and that you are responsible for what you post.

For the lurking managers please comment and join in, you will get flack thats in the nature of your job, but if you couldn't handle it then management is not for you. However, I firmly believe it is good to hear real views from the opposite side as the only way communication works is if both sides are honest and open. Snidey, childish and comments designed to get a reaction are not welcome,although, sadly, we get plenty of them already.
I'm P/T and not a lurking manager, but thanks for the welcome.

The post was not aimed at you it was aimed at everyone. Everyone on here should self censor themselves and not leave it to others, after all what you post is your responsibility and we already know what happened in previous strikes.

As you have posted you could hardly be called lurking. I don't care if anyone is PT. FT, Casual, CEO or Line Manager, they all have opinions and as long as they are honest about their views they are welcomed, at least by me. I get flack for Moderating and being a loony lefty, I don't give a flying fig - it comes with the territory. Getting flack for being a manager is also to be expected, but it won't be allowed to go OTT. Even posties get flack on here for complaining (gosh how dare they) and again its comes with the territory.

However, I have much more respect for those getting the flack, than I do for those giving it just because they can. Constructive criticism should be encouraged and engaged with, name calling and put downs based on someones political beliefs, or job title is the domain of fools and wastrels.

Anyway back on topic and Be Careful Out there everyone.
how can u get sacked for comments on here is it not anonymus?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by spiderj »

Never put identifying info ie specifics
Managers from your office could be lurking
Or colleagues
Never put in print anything which could be used against you


Oh and memberships not exclusive

Wonder if any journalists come on to bait folk

Back on topic though
Why give the business more cash when your on strike

Isn't that a catch 22
.......
:hmmmm
I won
redman
Posts: 56
Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 15:35

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by redman »

I am a manager I lurk but post occasionally. Frankly though I don't give a monkey's what anyone says, I have my own views and respect others as well. I think I do recognise a few posters but would not try to identify them officially.

As for the strike, not sure that it will do any good as I cannot see RM moving on most of the rejected offer. If another ballot comes to fruition i.e. boycott of DSA I can see a long bloody battle as the first person refusing to handle it will get suspended and then the rest will walk. RM are not going to pay anyone a full days pay for leaving the majority of the mail in.

A longer protected terms and conditions will not be worth the paper its written on, the minute we have an aggressive takeover they will scrap it. Managers are in the same boat, so far no offer but vague promises of three years protection. IMO to ensure we don't support strikes.

My personal opinion is you have a good offer and if you can get it cast in stone you should accept.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3233
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Carnage on strike day

Post by Acca Dacca »

redman wrote:I am a manager I lurk but post occasionally. Frankly though I don't give a monkey's what anyone says, I have my own views and respect others as well. I think I do recognise a few posters but would not try to identify them officially.

As for the strike, not sure that it will do any good as I cannot see RM moving on most of the rejected offer. If another ballot comes to fruition i.e. boycott of DSA I can see a long bloody battle as the first person refusing to handle it will get suspended and then the rest will walk. RM are not going to pay anyone a full days pay for leaving the majority of the mail in.

A longer protected terms and conditions will not be worth the paper its written on, the minute we have an aggressive takeover they will scrap it. Managers are in the same boat, so far no offer but vague promises of three years protection. IMO to ensure we don't support strikes.

My personal opinion is you have a good offer and if you can get it cast in stone you should accept.
Any offer that takes away our right to industrial action if the need arise is never a good offer.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next