ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Share price
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
Oh dear if only I hadn't been so principled I could have increased my tiny ........nest egg. Story of my life really 
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
Let me know what their value is the day before we're allowed to sell them! Until then please don't keep going on about them.
You've been given the relevant sites to check.
For all we know half of us may not be here when we're allowed to. Remember you must not have left, or been sacked, from Royal Mail in order to keep your free shares!
For all we know half of us may not be here when we're allowed to. Remember you must not have left, or been sacked, from Royal Mail in order to keep your free shares!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
Dorset Plodder wrote:Let me know what their value is the day before we're allowed to sell them! Until then please don't keep going on about them.You've been given the relevant sites to check.
For all we know half of us may not be here when we're allowed to. Remember you must not have left, or been sacked, from Royal Mail in order to keep your free shares!
Hope you brought the full £10,000 that you were allowed.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
Ha Ha Hantsman I like your sense of humour.
Yes.. like most Postman I know, I'm just an eccentric millionaire, £10,000 is just small change to the likes of us. I only spend so much time walking around in the wind & rain because I find it so relaxing after my high pressure job in the city. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Share price
Could have had the full allocation.hantsman wrote:I fully support the strike, I just hope posties bought as many as they could afford.
Didn't buy a single one.
Nor do I regret it.
It would have been hypocritical of me to do so.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
banner18
- Posts: 636
- Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
In a few years the price will rise again due to attacks on employee terms and conditions. A little while after they will rise again due to a reduction in service once the USO has been changed in law. I wouldn't be surprised if they are over £10 a share by then.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
what price oct 2016 when we will have to pay tax and ni or oct 2018 when we cash in w.o. tax or n.i. prob less than a pound 
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
You wont pay tax or NI if your under the threshold set by the Inland Revenue.aiden01 wrote:what price oct 2016 when we will have to pay tax and ni or oct 2018 when we cash in w.o. tax or n.i. prob less than a pound
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6703
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
Which is currently £9,440 or £9,560 factoring in the uniform cleaning allowance, so if you earn more than those amounts including whatever the shares are worth, you will pay tax & NI.hantsman wrote:aiden01 wrote:You wont pay tax or NI if your under the threshold set by the Inland Revenue.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
RobertT wrote:Which is currently £9,440 or £9,560 factoring in the uniform cleaning allowance, so if you earn more than those amounts including whatever the shares are worth, you will pay tax & NI.hantsman wrote:aiden01 wrote:You wont pay tax or NI if your under the threshold set by the Inland Revenue.
No your not correct,
Thats for earnings not share profits which can be subject to capital gains tax.
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/working/bens-sha ... chemes.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
Fully understand your point of view, shame though because RM directors could buy more.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Could have had the full allocation.hantsman wrote:I fully support the strike, I just hope posties bought as many as they could afford.
Didn't buy a single one.
Nor do I regret it.
It would have been hypocritical of me to do so.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Share price
dvbuk55 wrote:Oh dear if only I hadn't been so principled I could have increased my tiny ........nest egg. Story of my life really
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
Dunno why people are counting the shekels yet, our issue can only be cashed in three years from now at the earlieststokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Oh dear if only I hadn't been so principled I could have increased my tiny ........nest egg. Story of my life reallyAye, I like a man with principles. looks like a lot of posties have £ signs in their eyse! But they haven't actually go anything in their hands---yet. Just wait until the certificates come through, and see all the obstacles they will be full of.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6703
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
I should have worded it better. Income tax and NI are potentially payable if you sell the shares between 3 & 5 years as they will effectively be part of your pay. The Personal Tax Allowance will therefore apply - currently £9,440 / £9,560 - everything earned over that is taxable.hantsman wrote:No your not correct,RobertT wrote:Which is currently £9,440 or £9,560 factoring in the uniform cleaning allowance, so if you earn more than those amounts including whatever the shares are worth, you will pay tax & NI.hantsman wrote:aiden01 wrote:You wont pay tax or NI if your under the threshold set by the Inland Revenue.
Thats for earnings not share profits which can be subject to capital gains tax.
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/working/bens-sha ... chemes.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you hold onto the shares until the end of the 5 year SIP cycle then no tax or NI is payable. No CGT is payable either because they are held in a SIP! If they were'nt in a SIP then CGT would potentially be payable depending on how much the shares grow or any other CGT liabilities you may have in that tax year.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
LinChong
- Posts: 229
- Joined: 27 Sep 2012, 09:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Share price
Before 3 years are up the share price will drop through the floor and the next Government will have to re-nationalise Royal Mail like they had to re-nationalise Railtrack. Anyone investors who don't sell now while the price is high will lose out. All the people in the know have already sold. It's only the mugs who hold the shares now. 