ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dear Steve Rayson ...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by Shambles »

Porridge oats
Last edited by Shambles on 18 Oct 2013, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by Shambles »

Boiled eggs
Last edited by Shambles on 18 Oct 2013, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by dvbuk55 »

Shambles wrote:Shambles off to check in-box :angel

Shambles back, nope, nada nish...bloody teases on this site :cry :left: :chuckle

Nooooooo Teebs just usual Shambles versus dvbuk banter :whistle :whistle
My intentions are strictly amiable :chuckle
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by Shambles »

Shredded wheat
Last edited by Shambles on 18 Oct 2013, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by fishtank »

mickeymacca wrote:
Do you have to log in and log off every day, and as such do you see the PDAs as way of keeping tabs on us ?
Yes and Yes.
Using Blackbay they can tell where you were and when the second you scan anything,what time you leave local collects at the post office,what time you scan traced,specials and recorded back into the DO and what time you log off.
It's a portable spy basically.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by Shambles »

Bit like the buses GPS they can tell where you are, if they have to shorten your route and turn you, due to traffic etc...another asset from The Big Brother tool kit :wink:
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
mickeymacca wrote:
Do you have to log in and log off every day, and as such do you see the PDAs as way of keeping tabs on us ?
Yes and Yes.
Using Blackbay they can tell where you were and when the second you scan anything,what time you leave local collects at the post office,what time you scan traced,specials and recorded back into the DO and what time you log off.
It's a portable spy basically.
It is a useful tool though when somebody says they haven't had an item and unlike the old days we can categorically state what, who, when and where.
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by 2pints »

I find the pda fine to use.No problems at all.If you use them right they are very quick(unless of course you have a faulty pda)
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by Shambles »

:cuppa
Last edited by Shambles on 18 Oct 2013, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by mickeymacca »

I thought as much, thanks for that...
'Libraries gave us power'
Alverton
Posts: 22
Joined: 01 May 2012, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by Alverton »

I don't understand any of this. I don't ever want to use a pen and paper ever again, far to much hassle. Cost me a ridiculous amount of time.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Alverton wrote:I don't understand any of this. I don't ever want to use a pen and paper ever again, far to much hassle. Cost me a ridiculous amount of time.
Wait until that day when the PDA goes and does a proper wobbly.
There are times when they can just refuse to play for hours.
And saying 'computer says no' gets very boring, very quickly.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by dvbuk55 »

Who's Steve Rayson?
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by Shambles »

I'm not saying.... :silenced
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Dear Steve Rayson ...

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

dvbuk55 wrote:Who's Steve Rayson?
I may be wrong, but I believe he works somewhere in RM and claimed that using PDA's takes no longer then the old pen and paper system.
Think that's what the OP meant.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.