ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Lincox »

The main string attached to this deal is a no strike clause during the term of the agreement. How can the likes of Bridgewater, Plymouth, Peterborough, Coventry, Orpington and sorry for all those others that I have not mentioned, ever accept a no strike clause when Royal Mail has disregarded all of the terms of the previous agreement, and local to senior management have made their lives hell over the last few years. Moya Greene says that we need an alternative way of dealing with disputes. She is right, and the first alternative should be the ousting of her and her bullying henchmen. We need to be able to deal with a management team that has the integrity to stick to the terms of any agreement that has been made and not with this egotistical woman who from recent news bulletins has proved to us that she is only in it for one thing, and that does not include, the business, it,s customers, and most importantly to us it,s employees.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Brain Fury »

Burge wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
Burge wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
trythat wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Royal Mail privatisation: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions


The company commented on the 63% turnout, saying it showed that 51% of CWU members had voted against a strike, or had abstained.
If the above quote is the kind of propaganda that RM intends to use, then it goes to show out of touch they are, we all know that it's the actual votes that count. Be intrested to see what Cameron says about turn out, if this was a General or local election they would be doing cartwheels!!
I thought I read on here that a non vote was a no vote. Only 49% in favour not exactly overwhelming is it?

You can postulate it another way 13.5% support Royal Mails offer - 86.5 % Don't or abstained.

We can play with figures all day but isn't it better to come to an agreement.
It wasn't me that said that a non vote was a no vote and given the strength of feeling on here one might have expected at least a majority in favour of IA. I imagine that the vote on DSA will be more emphatic and that RM will be just as, if not more, worried about that than single day strikes. However, I agree that it's better to come to an agreement and I'd be surprised if there aren't more talks before 4th November. I thought it was notable that Dave Ward's demands were virtually word for word the things that had been offered by RM. I thought 8.6% was a good offer but obviously you must get an improved pay offer now and possibly some movement in the protection of t&cs. I understand there is already an agreed joint initiative on B&H planned for next year although that hasn't been mentioned as one of the demands.
Ah, ok. It's the strings that come attached to the pay deal that is the issue to me. And the public and us should be made clear again and again what those stumbling blocks were/are. Billy Hayes had the opportunity to address that tonight on Sky but buggered it up. :arrrghhh We all want this sorted out but RM knows this isn't just about money so stop trotting out how good a deal it is and address the reasons why it isn't seen that way. Over to Moya I'm not hopeful she has what it takes to come around to a meaningful resolution to this for all concerned.
Billy's useless - he does you guys no favours. Remind me about the strings to the pay deal - it's not that I'm saying there aren't any I just can't remember the detail.
His interviewee skills leave a lot to be desired. Pension pot robbing, house loan and B&H ignoring Moya does you lot no favours either. Needing protecting from our people indeed. :no no Ok, she does well for you on the B&H ignoring bit :left: If you can't remember the strings how can you say earlier the 8.6% deal is a good one? :oops:
I didn't say the overall deal was a good one, I said 8.6% is a good wage increase. If the "strings" are the issue for you then you can surely remember what they are.

I'm steering clear of the Moya's house loan and pension pot "robbing". It been perceived badly (as it was bound to be) but as far as I can tell perfectly legal. On B&H I believe she and the CWU have already agreed a joint initiative for next year just not been announced yet.
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Ozzvaldo »

B&H can be stopped OVERNIGHT without any joint action plan next year. It just requires the arseholes responsible to voluntarily cease the nasty ways that they believe necessary to achieve their goals as employees of Royal Mail. Not too much to ask, is it?
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Brain Fury »

Ozzvaldo wrote:B&H can be stopped OVERNIGHT without any joint action plan next year. It just requires the arseholes responsible to voluntarily cease the nasty ways that they believe necessary to achieve their goals as employees of Royal Mail. Not too much to ask, is it?
Unless you have magic wand handy then some kind of action plan is probably required. I don't know what the plans are just that they exist and have been agreed with the CWU. Also (and at the risk of kicking the hornets nest) not all B&H is by managers.
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by axeman »

yea your right it's only about 95% of it :shock:
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Shambles »

Lincox wrote:The main string attached to this deal is a no strike clause during the term of the agreement. How can the likes of Bridgewater, Plymouth, Peterborough, Coventry, Orpington and sorry for all those others that I have not mentioned, ever accept a no strike clause when Royal Mail has disregarded all of the terms of the previous agreement, and local to senior management have made their lives hell over the last few years. Moya Greene says that we need an alternative way of dealing with disputes. She is right, and the first alternative should be the ousting of her and her bullying henchmen. We need to be able to deal with a management team that has the integrity to stick to the terms of any agreement that has been made and not with this egotistical woman who from recent news bulletins has proved to us that she is only in it for one thing, and that does not include, the business, it,s customers, and most importantly to us it,s employees.
:Applause :Applause :Applause

'the guilty' shouldn't be allowed to Investigate claims of B&H because it's open to serious 'Abuse'

We NEED TRAINED INDEPENDANT INVESTIGATORS not Paid by Royal Mail!!!
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Brain Fury »

Shambles wrote:
Lincox wrote:The main string attached to this deal is a no strike clause during the term of the agreement. How can the likes of Bridgewater, Plymouth, Peterborough, Coventry, Orpington and sorry for all those others that I have not mentioned, ever accept a no strike clause when Royal Mail has disregarded all of the terms of the previous agreement, and local to senior management have made their lives hell over the last few years. Moya Greene says that we need an alternative way of dealing with disputes. She is right, and the first alternative should be the ousting of her and her bullying henchmen. We need to be able to deal with a management team that has the integrity to stick to the terms of any agreement that has been made and not with this egotistical woman who from recent news bulletins has proved to us that she is only in it for one thing, and that does not include, the business, it,s customers, and most importantly to us it,s employees.
:Applause :Applause :Applause

'the guilty' shouldn't be allowed to Investigate claims of B&H because it's open to serious 'Abuse'

We NEED TRAINED INDEPENDANT INVESTIGATORS not Paid by Royal Mail!!!
I think the so called "no strike" deal is a bit more complex than it's being portrayed. It seems to be about developing a process so that neither side can act unilaterally. But of course we haven't seen the details.

Who is going to pay for the independent investigators then?
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Brain Fury »

axeman wrote:yea your right it's only about 95% of it :shock:
Any evidence for that number?
frank doyle
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 Dec 2008, 20:51
Gender: Male

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by frank doyle »

What does B&H stand for ???
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

frank doyle wrote:What does B&H stand for ???
Bullying and harassment - its easier than typing it long hand.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Shambles »

BrianFury Who is going to pay for the Investgators then?

Royal Mail could put the money into a CWU fund, then the CWU could Hire external Investigators, therefore making it a transparent and unbiased procedure, opposed to the farcical abused one at present, run by the guilty, who also sit on the jury!
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Brain Fury »

Shambles wrote:BrianFury Who is going to pay for the Investgators then?

Royal Mail could put the money into a CWU fund, then the CWU could Hire external Investigators, therefore making it a transparent and unbiased procedure, opposed to the farcical abused one at present, run by the guilty, who also sit on the jury!
Ok so RM still pays.

I take it that the problem with the current procedure is that the vast majority of formal B&H complaints are rejected then? What sort of numbers are we talking about?
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Ozzvaldo »

Brain Fury wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:B&H can be stopped OVERNIGHT without any joint action plan next year. It just requires the arseholes responsible to voluntarily cease the nasty ways that they believe necessary to achieve their goals as employees of Royal Mail. Not too much to ask, is it?
Unless you have magic wand handy then some kind of action plan is probably required. I don't know what the plans are just that they exist and have been agreed with the CWU. Also (and at the risk of kicking the hornets nest) not all B&H is by managers.
I don't think that I said anywhere in my post that ALL bullying was by managers, I am well aware that it isn't. Why do you assume that I'm only having a go at management? I just think that considering that bullying, by whoever, has been going on for years, why has so little been done to stamp it out previously despite Royal Mail's continual pledges of non-tolerance in The Courier and other correspondence to its employees? Personal experience of bullying in Royal Mail leaves me with little faith that neither magic wands, nor jointly agreed action plans will get the company's "s**t together" on this cancer.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by Brain Fury »

Ozzvaldo wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:B&H can be stopped OVERNIGHT without any joint action plan next year. It just requires the arseholes responsible to voluntarily cease the nasty ways that they believe necessary to achieve their goals as employees of Royal Mail. Not too much to ask, is it?
Unless you have magic wand handy then some kind of action plan is probably required. I don't know what the plans are just that they exist and have been agreed with the CWU. Also (and at the risk of kicking the hornets nest) not all B&H is by managers.
I don't think that I said anywhere in my post that ALL bullying was by managers, I am well aware that it isn't. Why do you assume that I'm only having a go at management? I just think that considering that bullying, by whoever, has been going on for years, why has so little been done to stamp it out previously despite Royal Mail's continual pledges of non-tolerance in The Courier and other correspondence to its employees? Personal experience of bullying in Royal Mail leaves me with little faith that neither magic wands, nor jointly agreed action plans will get the company's "s**t together" on this cancer.
I guess it was partly me tarring you with the same brush as some other posters and partly because you said "to achieve their goals as employees of Royal Mail" but I apologise if I jumped to wrong conclusion. I would be interested to know what sort of bullying you experienced (no need to go into details) and whether you contacted the bullying helpline or made a formal complaint and if so what happened.
lincskevin
Posts: 18
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Workers to go on strike over future pay and conditions

Post by lincskevin »

a strike wont acomplish anything, all that happens is royal mail looses business

that business goes elswhere as people said on calander on the other night people will start using other methods to post items like amazon does they stopped using royal fail for release date deliverys and now use a company that delivers on time.

so on november 4th my dvd will arrive on time because its not coming by royal fail and so will all my christmas packages

if you dont like your job get another one there are numerous unemployed out there quite happy to do your jobs
Last edited by lincskevin on 17 Oct 2013, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.