Running to finish 2 hours over, I've heard it all now. No wonder he isn't striking, no backbone to say no to working over never mind to go on strike.Postie45 wrote:trevjim » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:40 pm
Today was shambles, the amount of packets we had was crazy. didnt finish till 2 and a half hours over my normal time. packets in my opinion are becoming too much.
Royal mail states that packets are going up (and letters are going down (yeh right) ) , So how are we supposed to finish on time, Packets are most definatly increasing in quantity (and size it seems) and we all know packets are time consuming to deliver for multiple reasons. (waiting for them to answer door, filling out red card, not able to fit in pouches so having to drive etc).
I dont understand Royal mails logic, the thing that causes the most time to deliver is increasing, yet we still expect you to finish on time.nuff said bruv, you get no respect from me.by trevjim » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:46 pm
Today my van was full to the brim with parcels. I'm on my own on my route so I had to deliver each one, the mail was fairly heavy but ok, the amount of parcels however was simply extortionate. I ended up working two hours over my normal finish time, and considering I ran when delivering the last few bags of mail, it was down to the parcels which added the time on for me
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
on strike day
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: on strike day
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: on strike day
You're going to cross the picket line but yet you want respect? Yeah good luck with that one .
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: on strike day
Lol.dazzlin72 wrote:He thinks he's in line for the £300!
I hope he hasn't told the wife he's getting £300.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: on strike day
i just lost my dad, which i'm in debt for the funeral, just got married, due to move house in a few weeks, working all hours i can manage,
but would i feck cross a picket line.
there's always someone worse off than you & i
but would i feck cross a picket line.
there's always someone worse off than you & i
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: on strike day
Sorry for your loss korky, but hat's off to youkorky wrote:i just lost my dad, which i'm in debt for the funeral, just got married, due to move house in a few weeks, working all hours i can manage,
but would i feck cross a picket line.
there's always someone worse off than you & i
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
ivan frankfurt
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: on strike day
korky wrote:i just lost my dad, which i'm in debt for the funeral, just got married, due to move house in a few weeks, working all hours i can manage,
but would i feck cross a picket line.
there's always someone worse off than you & i
Top lad korky
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: on strike day
There's a few in my office openly saying they won't strike. I wonder if they'll still feel the same come the day.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
meweavy
- Posts: 473
- Joined: 10 May 2007, 11:07
Re: on strike day
korky wrote:i just lost my dad, which i'm in debt for the funeral, just got married, due to move house in a few weeks, working all hours i can manage,
but would i feck cross a picket line.
there's always someone worse off than you & i
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: on strike day
Well done mate and condolences on losing your dad. The 'I can't afford it' brigade should read that and be ashamed.korky wrote:i just lost my dad, which i'm in debt for the funeral, just got married, due to move house in a few weeks, working all hours i can manage,
but would i feck cross a picket line.
there's always someone worse off than you & i
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: on strike day
Miners went on strike for ONE YEAR. Not just for themselves, or the coal industry, but for US, the workers.
What possible excuse could someone have for not striking for ONE DAY?
What possible excuse could someone have for not striking for ONE DAY?
-
trevjim
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Re: on strike day
Wow it's like talking to kids having a tantrum.
The reason I won't strike is because I believe it to be greedy, set in your ways, and because the company owes you nothing so stop acting like it does.
You should all be lucky that you have a job, get paid, have a roof over your head etc. We have it so much better then millions in this country, we get a pay above minimum wage for unskilled work, we get pension, good hours with evenings and Sunday free.
The times are changing and lots of companies are changing, deal with it. It's life, royal mail is not your company, we do what's in the contract.
How did I get this view, I've served tours, seen the conditions some people in this world have it. I've had jobs doing 60-70 hours weeks, for minimum wage at horrible hours. When public sector strikes went on, I can assure you no one has sympothy for you. Your are greedy. Open your eyes to how good we have it, even if it gets worse, we still have it a lot better than others.
The reason I won't strike is because I believe it to be greedy, set in your ways, and because the company owes you nothing so stop acting like it does.
You should all be lucky that you have a job, get paid, have a roof over your head etc. We have it so much better then millions in this country, we get a pay above minimum wage for unskilled work, we get pension, good hours with evenings and Sunday free.
The times are changing and lots of companies are changing, deal with it. It's life, royal mail is not your company, we do what's in the contract.
How did I get this view, I've served tours, seen the conditions some people in this world have it. I've had jobs doing 60-70 hours weeks, for minimum wage at horrible hours. When public sector strikes went on, I can assure you no one has sympothy for you. Your are greedy. Open your eyes to how good we have it, even if it gets worse, we still have it a lot better than others.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: on strike day
Ah the old others have it worse so your wrong to keep what you have got. How about bringing them up to our level.
In the least polite way possible, piss of with the tours crap. I recognise the sacrifice and the terms you used, why, because I had 3 active duty tours in 16 years and there is no way the Mob would treat their lowest and least capable squaddie the way this mob has. So in the vernacular of the forces "Wind your neck in" and get in with the grunts not the Rodneys.
In the least polite way possible, piss of with the tours crap. I recognise the sacrifice and the terms you used, why, because I had 3 active duty tours in 16 years and there is no way the Mob would treat their lowest and least capable squaddie the way this mob has. So in the vernacular of the forces "Wind your neck in" and get in with the grunts not the Rodneys.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: on strike day
I also take offence at the tours comparison. Even the Ruperts never treated me like this company treats some of it's employees.
Again, wind your feckin' neck in.
Again, wind your feckin' neck in.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
trevjim
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Re: on strike day
Then you too saw changes in our forces over the 16 years you served. Some of them we didn't like, but did we strike? No.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Ah the old others have it worse so your wrong to keep what you have got. How about bringing them up to our level.
In the least polite way possible, piss of with the tours crap. I recognise the sacrifice and the terms you used, why, because I had 3 active duty tours in 16 years and there is no way the Mob would treat their lowest and least capable squaddie the way this mob has. So in the vernacular of the forces "Wind your neck in" and get in with the grunts not the Rodneys.
Things change to keep up with the times. Have you guys ever thought that without the changes we dont like, the company could have gone down more then you believe it has now? You could be a lot worse of without these 'changes'
Last edited by trevjim on 16 Oct 2013, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: on strike day
You shouldn't have bothered explaining your reasons.trevjim wrote:The reason I won't strike is because I believe it to be greedy, set in your ways, and because the company owes you nothing so stop acting like it does.
You had more credibility when thought you were just doing it for the money.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share