Shambles wrote:The thumb screws have been applied with the YES Vote....which is the MOST Important thing...it will be interesting to watch the screws being turned, and the subsequent outcome, which I have believe will make us ultimately victorious in our aims.
We have been patient, we need to continue, stand firm, 'keep calm and carry on'
Hope you're right, but I can't see RM quivering with fear with one day of industrial action.
CWU cannot stop overtime but they can urge their member not to do OT and to do the job properly (come in on their time and use the correct equipment) with the proviso that they will fight any manager that tries to bully workers.
Last edited by chrisj on 16 Oct 2013, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Acca Dacca wrote:Striking on a Monday is bloody futile. Tuesday will be dead and so backlog will be cleared easily
Think about it pal, Were due to finish earlier on a Tues, so cut off bring the stuff back and take it Wed, which is heavier then cut off again SIMPLES
anyone clearing up on tuesday is an idiot, essentially doing 2 days work in 1 day, all theyll prove is that our jobs are too easy. So backlog should hit Wednesday and cause the havoc intended. Although id agree that striking on Weds / Thurs in the first place is a better idea.
skull wrote:All that effort from the union and it's members to get 78% support and then one day of action announced, I can't get my head around it and feel totally deflated. .
one day of action is the start. there will be a series of rolling strikes after that, then a ballot to boycott dsa and stop overtime. chill.
I just wish that Dave Ward announced that there are going to be rolling strikes if an agreement isn't reached. I got the impression that it's going to be one day of action followed by other forms of industrial action, hope I'm wrong. Getting 78% support is a clear mandate to go straight for the jugular.
skull wrote:All that effort from the union and it's members to get 78% support and then one day of action announced, I can't get my head around it and feel totally deflated. .
one day of action is the start. there will be a series of rolling strikes after that, then a ballot to boycott dsa and stop overtime. chill.
I just wish that Dave Ward announced that there are going to be rolling strikes if an agreement isn't reached. I got the impression that it's going to be one day of action followed by other forms of industrial action, hope I'm wrong. Getting 78% support is a clear mandate to go straight for the jugular.
if no agreement is reached upto and after the 4th nov, you can bet we will be out the following week on maybe a thursday and friday, and the week after maybe a mondy and friday and possibly a saturday and mondy just to escalate it. it will be stepped up. just hope its not another deal of the century. the companys already done the ''firesale' of the century.
Why aren't we striking weds, nights on weds so when delivery staff come back on thurs there's no post to deliver then lates/processing on thurs so once night shift have come back and sorted the backlog there's no body to move them around.