motch wrote:it's a tricky one. How about having an accident at work a few days/week before any strike ?*
* edit (I didn't really write this by the way, must of been sleep typing)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
temp contract and strike
-
ivan frankfurt
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: temp contract and strike
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: temp contract and strike
Whenever there is a strike looming we always get an influx of new members. Seems that they all sing from the same hymn sheet too.
Temp contract or not, if there is a strike it will be a legal one so you won't lose your job over it.
Don't even think of crossing a picket line, instead stand there with your colleagues. And stop moaning about the money you're going to lose. We all lose money. We've all had plenty of notice that this may be coming so stop acting surprised
Temp contract or not, if there is a strike it will be a legal one so you won't lose your job over it.
Don't even think of crossing a picket line, instead stand there with your colleagues. And stop moaning about the money you're going to lose. We all lose money. We've all had plenty of notice that this may be coming so stop acting surprised
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: temp contract and strike
We had a casual refuse to cross the picket line in 2007.
He actually did put his job on the line.
He's now a permanent full-time RM employee.
He actually did put his job on the line.
He's now a permanent full-time RM employee.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: temp contract and strike
Pinky 1 wrote:Whenever there is a strike looming we always get an influx of new members. Seems that they all sing from the same hymn sheet too.
Temp contract or not, if there is a strike it will be a legal one so you won't lose your job over it.
Don't even think of crossing a picket line, instead stand there with your colleagues. And stop moaning about the money you're going to lose. We all lose money. We've all had plenty of notice that this may be coming so stop acting surprised
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: temp contract and strike
clashcityrocker wrote: Though if you take your head out of your arse for one minute you might see it differently.
The questions are these:
In the greater scheme of things do I want to support the workers (class) or the bosses (class)?
When you are old and looking back on your life, do you want to remember the time you stood up for your principles or the time you sold them out?
And strikebreaking won't do you any good. Because the bosses will disrespect you as much as ultimately you will disrespect yourself.
So stand proudly with your colleagues on the picket line (if it comes to that).
-
Mr Whizz
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:52
- Gender: Male
Re: temp contract and strike
dvbuk55 wrote:Oh I'll be doing plenty of whining on the picket line about strike dodger jobsworths. You seem mighty touchy about your stance on striking, is that a tad of guilty conscience? You mean there are better jobs than RM on a revolving 3 month contract..............makes you wonder why people put up with it.Mr Whizz wrote:Dude, I'm just doing my RM job since the beginning of this year and I knew what to expect before I joined....you have 14,000 posts on here (probably all negative)....go find a better job and quit whining.dvbuk55 wrote:Yes I'm sure you're very versatile, flexible and biddable the very thing that regular staff find abhorrent and if you've never been through IA at RM before and you obviously haven't after 9 monthsMr Whizz wrote:I've worked hard during my 9 months at RM....I've learnt 18 different walks, 2 drive duties and afternoon collections and I'm pretty sure my job is safe....but If end up losing my job, then so be it...RM isn't and has never been my life, so I'll get over it and move on!then it may well be an eye opener after the strikes have finished.
Why would I have a guilty concience? I work for RM on a short term contract and they can choose to terminate it whenever they like. I don't pay into the pension fund and this isn't a longterm job for me...plus I'm not best buddies with any F/timers.
I'm not in the union, so I didn't vote yes or no and I really couldn't care less about the outcome. But I do find this forum very entertaining!
Fishtank and the clash boy are my favourite posters!