ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ballot result

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: ballot result

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

dvbuk55 wrote:I have no idea why there is an insistence that there be a time limit set on terms and conditions, no one in this land has a cast iron guarantee that any business structure will survive long enough to ensure T and Cs will not be changed over a given period - 3 years in my mind is not sustainable let alone 5, 7 or 10. Providing that no changes would take place without agreement, which can only be discussed when the circumstances are known.

Pay and Pensions are the two factors which need to be agreed.
I actually agree with you.
I've long made the point that, should any person or company gather a majority shareholding, then they'd never honour any agreement.
I also don't believe any such agreement can be legally binding.

The only thing I will say is, if there isn't any majority shareholder that can gain overall control of RM at any point during the agreed time period, be it 3 years or 10 years, then maybe the union would be able to start court proceedings for breach of contract (or some similar angle of attack). But I severely doubt it, I just don't think it would hold up. So, whatever is agreed to, can be broken in my view.

I actually think the 3 year deal was aimed at keeping industrial relations workable, so that when (and it's inevitable in my opinion) the Government decides to sell off their remaining shares, they would be able to get the best possible price for them.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
viking1488
Posts: 446
Joined: 15 May 2009, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by viking1488 »

dazzlin72 wrote:If there is an overwhelming yes vote, there'll be no strike, as 7 yr deal has been agreed.
I take it that someone was dreaming this morning
hans solo
Posts: 3291
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by hans solo »

no,we heard same from union rep last week
cwu WILL accept 7yr protection tbh i thought they would have taken even as short as 5yr
dont know about pay heard 10% over 3 yrs
gand
Posts: 253
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 17:36
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by gand »

I just hope one of the strike days is on Christmas eve! :dance :nana :dance :nana :dance :nana :nana :dance :thumbup :wave
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: ballot result

Post by Shambles »

gand wrote:I just hope one of the strike days is on Christmas eve! :dance :nana :dance :nana :dance :nana :nana :dance :thumbup :wave
That wouldn't be fair on the public, they will be getting shafted twice, and we all have friends and family who will be sending and receiving cards etc, so I dont think that would ever happen... :no no

I understand where your coming from tho :thumbup be nice to relax at Christmas for a change, as I'm always too shattered to enjoy it :cry
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
db
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 190
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 03:03
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by db »

dazzlin72 wrote:If there is an overwhelming yes vote, there'll be no strike, as 7 yr deal has been agreed.

""Look at me, look at me""

Bollox
adamanti
Posts: 148
Joined: 13 Jan 2012, 14:45
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by adamanti »

Always negative. Maybe our Ts and Cs will improve,,,,,,,,,,,,, RM made 400 million+ profits in the last year and if this was to improve to say 500 million+ i'm sure the company would reward it's workforce and not just the executives!!!! :left:
meweavy
Posts: 473
Joined: 10 May 2007, 11:07

Re: ballot result

Post by meweavy »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I have no idea why there is an insistence that there be a time limit set on terms and conditions, no one in this land has a cast iron guarantee that any business structure will survive long enough to ensure T and Cs will not be changed over a given period - 3 years in my mind is not sustainable let alone 5, 7 or 10. Providing that no changes would take place without agreement, which can only be discussed when the circumstances are known.

Pay and Pensions are the two factors which need to be agreed.
I actually agree with you.
I've long made the point that, should any person or company gather a majority shareholding, then they'd never honour any agreement.
I also don't believe any such agreement can be legally binding.



Im wondering if and when the time comes that a major shareholder takes the majority share, could it be TNT?
They are already setting up a postal network,could they be testing the water for a royal mail takeover?
If this is the case then we will all be screwed.

The only thing I will say is, if there isn't any majority shareholder that can gain overall control of RM at any point during the agreed time period, be it 3 years or 10 years, then maybe the union would be able to start court proceedings for breach of contract (or some similar angle of attack). But I severely doubt it, I just don't think it would hold up. So, whatever is agreed to, can be broken in my view.

I actually think the 3 year deal was aimed at keeping industrial relations workable, so that when (and it's inevitable in my opinion) the Government decides to sell off their remaining shares, they would be able to get the best possible price for them.
meweavy
Posts: 473
Joined: 10 May 2007, 11:07

Re: ballot result

Post by meweavy »

adamanti wrote:Always negative. Maybe our Ts and Cs will improve,,,,,,,,,,,,, RM made 400 million+ profits in the last year and if this was to improve to say 500 million+ i'm sure the company would reward it's workforce and not just the executives!!!! :left:
Royal mail chiefs said they made £400 million profit just before they announced privatisation.
Convenient, would the profit be so high if it wasn't being privatised?
dazzlin72
Posts: 321
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 13:56
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by dazzlin72 »

It was only when the privatisation was announced that RM disclosed the fact of the 10 yr tax exemption, which was an own goal & played into the unions hands.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: ballot result

Post by Godric »

motch wrote:safe for 10 year ? :crazy:
the way the job is going we will all be f*cked in 10 years walking with the aid of crutches or zimmer frames :thumbdown
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
viking1488
Posts: 446
Joined: 15 May 2009, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by viking1488 »

hans solo wrote:no,we heard same from union rep last week
cwu WILL accept 7yr protection tbh i thought they would have taken even as short as 5yr
dont know about pay heard 10% over 3 yrs
cwu WILL accept 7yr protection looks like we will be at the gate for most of the winter then
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by daveyeff »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
Gills_Postie wrote:Next Wednesday is the closing day for votes to come in, will we hear the result the same day? Can't remember what happened last time.
Yes the result is set to be announced on Wednesday.
Assuming it's a yes vote, I'd expect a strike to be announced no later than Friday.
Though, probably before, I mean, why wait?
Unless RM and the CWU enter into new talks with the result in mind.....
they've got to give a weeks notice though.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32816
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by POSTMAN »

dazzlin72 wrote:If there is an overwhelming yes vote, there'll be no strike, as 7 yr deal has been agreed.
You've started summin on CWU FB! :nana :d'oh!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32816
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by POSTMAN »

From a DIV rep on Facebook...
For the record due to a serious domestic issues there were no national talks last week so there is no settlement. We will get a big yes vote Wednesday and a better deal either before or after a strike !

There are still fundamental differences !
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.