ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Who do I work for now???

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pokermon
Posts: 106
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: Who do I work for now???

Post by Pokermon »

a bunch of c***s
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Who do I work for now???

Post by Godric »

hopefully a re nationalised Scottish Postal Service after a successful YES campaign .... because it is the only way I can see a future for the postal service in Scotland
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
nudenut
Posts: 72
Joined: 21 May 2013, 21:48
Gender: Male

Re: Who do I work for now???

Post by nudenut »

k979aaa wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:Does it really matter who we work for. Surely it's more important If you get paid on time.
Which most of us in delivery's do not for the hours we work.

Yeah I get the overtime book hidden every single day it does me friggin head in battling over booking what I'm entitled to book.... Noticed it's got worse since the van share came in at our office, also managers takin photos of work left in by postmen who can't work overtime..

Find it all a bit embarrassing to be honest u leave work in they moan, youclear and book, they moan..... Then you book and they get what you booked wrong when they"input it" on the computer.. This happens alot at our office especially whenever they are over budget for the week I guess they (the managers)just roll over your hard earned pay,, It's pathetic.

Next owner will sort it all out eh??? Lol
Last edited by nudenut on 11 Oct 2013, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
nudenut
Posts: 72
Joined: 21 May 2013, 21:48
Gender: Male

Re: Who do I work for now???

Post by nudenut »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Nothing will change much , and the ownership wont change UNTIL they decide to sell off the remaining 30+%

Your safe for now my little cherubs

Don't want to be "safe" I want to know what my future holds that's why I vote yes on the strike ballot ...
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Who do I work for now???

Post by k979aaa »

nudenut wrote:
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Nothing will change much , and the ownership wont change UNTIL they decide to sell off the remaining 30+%

Your safe for now my little cherubs

Don't want to be "safe" I want to know what my future holds that's why I vote yes on the strike ballot ...
Good I did to and I think many more will think the way you did. :Applause :Applause :Applause
teesdale
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 430
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 16:31

Re: Who do I work for now???

Post by teesdale »

Isn't the government still the majority share holder. Vince Cable owns RM and Moya Greene increases the lorry traffic and pushes world class mail.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Who do I work for now???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

teesdale wrote:Isn't the government still the majority share holder. Vince Cable owns RM and Moya Greene increases the lorry traffic and pushes world class mail.
Its the biggest shareholder, but after selling 52% IIRC (and 10% to us) its no longer the Majority shareholder.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: Who do I work for now???

Post by freelunch »

nudenut wrote:Just a quick stupid question, who is paying my wages next week....
The same bunch of racketeers who paid you last week.
Things will change though, now they've joined the bankster gangsters.
See how they load the company up with debt.
Debt equals growth in the "new normal" economy.
Our jobs will go to help pay interest to the loan sharks.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
nudenut
Posts: 72
Joined: 21 May 2013, 21:48
Gender: Male

Re: Who do I work for now???

Post by nudenut »

freelunch wrote:
nudenut wrote:Just a quick stupid question, who is paying my wages next week....
The same bunch of racketeers who paid you last week.
Things will change though, now they've joined the bankster gangsters.
See how they load the company up with debt.
Debt equals growth in the "new normal" economy.
Our jobs will go to help pay interest to the loan sharks.

:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause