Again?daveyeff wrote:doing favours for sailors down the docks.k979aaa wrote:Best thing is if you need the money don't go in to a royal mail work place their is job's you can do cash in hand for other employers on a one off basis.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being a Scab??
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Being a Scab??
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
-
mark_e
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 19:01
Re: Being a Scab??
This person does not want to strike nor has she recieved any ballot papers because she is not in the CWU (and never wants to be)mark_e wrote:So what happens if a colleague is a non union member and HAS to attend for work at the office when 98% of the office are out?
Scab surely not?
I ask because my mates gf isn't in the union and she is very worried about what her workmates attitude towards her might be
This is IF we strike of course
she is still worried about being shunned by her workmates
and i say again IF we go on strike
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Being a Scab??
mark_e wrote:So what happens if a colleague is a non union member and HAS to attend for work at the office when 98% of the office are out?
Scab surely not?
I ask because my mates gf isn't in the union and she is very worried about what her workmates attitude towards her might be
This is IF we strike of course
As for the attitude from workmates I would guess it might not be that great.
As for her working, as she is not a union member, by working she is not considered a "scab"
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Being a Scab??
nice first post that like. announcing ''blatantly'' that you are going to S.C.A.B. jesus i hate you're kind so much.Kobi72 wrote:I'm goin to work if we strike,I couldn't give a toss whether people talk to me or not! Bit childish if people want to work & your fellow work mates start ignoring you,they need to get rid half the idiots who work for this company.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Being a Scab??
she is in my book.zx135 wrote:mark_e wrote:So what happens if a colleague is a non union member and HAS to attend for work at the office when 98% of the office are out?
Scab surely not?
I ask because my mates gf isn't in the union and she is very worried about what her workmates attitude towards her might be
This is IF we strike of course
As for the attitude from workmates I would guess it might not be that great.
As for her working, as she is not a union member, by working she is not considered a "scab"
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Being a Scab??
this comment says it all about the people that wont strike, cowards, weak & leaches! the union should only give the deal they WILL WIN to the ones who went on strike & backed them and leave the slimeball strike breakers with the 3 year terminal disease deal that must seem so good to the strike breakers to go to work & go against their union. Anyone who uses their children as an excuse to cross the picket lines i ask you this: can you give your children a better life on £10.50-£11 anhour or £7 anhour? Fight for your future and back our union!PostieWithTheMostie! wrote:Do you need to report to your own Office for work or is there anyway you could work without other office colleagues finding out you worked any strike days?
-
48ricks
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 12 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Being a Scab??
Can I turn this question around ......what about if you back the strike action in a office, where everyone comes to work ,is that going to make me a marked man?
I,ve asked around ,and the consensus appears to be they (most of my colleagues) are going to break the strike action (if it is a yes vote).
Its divide and rule, if you can split the workforce, it immediately weakens the strike action...As I see it , its our last stand, you speak now or forever hold your peace. What worries me even more is ,that since CWU gave notice of the intended strike action, I havn,t seen or heard , a thing from our 2 union officials. Its laughable really, they should be on the shop floor canvessing for support. Sadly, they are walking the office finding who wants to work their day-off next week (I thought that was a managers job?).
What does this tell me (or anyone else) who works here.
God its almost as if we asking for it....!
Wheres the fight!!
I,ve asked around ,and the consensus appears to be they (most of my colleagues) are going to break the strike action (if it is a yes vote).
Its divide and rule, if you can split the workforce, it immediately weakens the strike action...As I see it , its our last stand, you speak now or forever hold your peace. What worries me even more is ,that since CWU gave notice of the intended strike action, I havn,t seen or heard , a thing from our 2 union officials. Its laughable really, they should be on the shop floor canvessing for support. Sadly, they are walking the office finding who wants to work their day-off next week (I thought that was a managers job?).
What does this tell me (or anyone else) who works here.
God its almost as if we asking for it....!
Wheres the fight!!
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Being a Scab??
But I bet she would take all the benefits that us ,the strikers win eh.In my opinion a leech.zx135 wrote:mark_e wrote:So what happens if a colleague is a non union member and HAS to attend for work at the office when 98% of the office are out?
Scab surely not?
I ask because my mates gf isn't in the union and she is very worried about what her workmates attitude towards her might be
This is IF we strike of course
As for the attitude from workmates I would guess it might not be that great.
As for her working, as she is not a union member, by working she is not considered a "scab"
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Being a Scab??
There are lots of reasons why people are prepared to strike and there are probably many more why people will not strike even if they have voted yes.
At the end of the day the ballot is there for all to cast their vote, this is a democracy, and people should be allowed to cast their vote in the manner they choose, without undue pressure from either camp.
The result will decide which way our futures lie, and in a democracy I would hope that the minority will support the majority vote. The practice of scabbing people who do not follow the conclusions of the majority vote is childish, victimising and as unprofessional as the bullying and harassment we endure on a daily basis from Royal Mail management. It should not play any part in a modern society and can only lead to workplace resentment, stress and possibly suicidal tendencies for the weak. For all those who appear to advocate this type of treatment, I suggest that you consider the consequences of your actions before you perpetrate them. I am very much in the Yes camp as far as the ballot is concerned but I recognise that everyone has their own decisions to make.
At the end of the day the ballot is there for all to cast their vote, this is a democracy, and people should be allowed to cast their vote in the manner they choose, without undue pressure from either camp.
The result will decide which way our futures lie, and in a democracy I would hope that the minority will support the majority vote. The practice of scabbing people who do not follow the conclusions of the majority vote is childish, victimising and as unprofessional as the bullying and harassment we endure on a daily basis from Royal Mail management. It should not play any part in a modern society and can only lead to workplace resentment, stress and possibly suicidal tendencies for the weak. For all those who appear to advocate this type of treatment, I suggest that you consider the consequences of your actions before you perpetrate them. I am very much in the Yes camp as far as the ballot is concerned but I recognise that everyone has their own decisions to make.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Being a Scab??
strikebreaker definition:- (blackleg, scab, or knobstick) may also refer to workers, union members or not, who cross picket lines to work.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Being a Scab??
i wouldnt bully or harrass a scab. i would just treat them the same way as they felt about the pickets they passed on the line. and they would be off my christmas card list.
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Being a Scab??
Lincox wrote:There are lots of reasons why people are prepared to strike and there are probably many more why people will not strike even if they have voted yes.
At the end of the day the ballot is there for all to cast their vote, this is a democracy, and people should be allowed to cast their vote in the manner they choose, without undue pressure from either camp.
The result will decide which way our futures lie, and in a democracy I would hope that the minority will support the majority vote. The practice of scabbing people who do not follow the conclusions of the majority vote is childish, victimising and as unprofessional as the bullying and harassment we endure on a daily basis from Royal Mail management. It should not play any part in a modern society and can only lead to workplace resentment, stress and possibly suicidal tendencies for the weak. The weak??? Was Gary Speed weak? Or Jermaine Lee? For all those who appear to advocate this type of treatment, I suggest that you consider the consequences of your actions before you perpetrate them. I am very much in the Yes camp as far as the ballot is concerned but I recognise that everyone has their own decisions to make.
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Being a Scab??
Jermaine Lee was systematically B&H into taking his life....those that did that to him are the WEAK ones, COWARDS in fact!
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Being a Scab??
Story on here at http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ee#p168214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; truly shockingShambles wrote:Jermaine Lee was systematically B&H into taking his life....those that did that to him are the WEAK ones, COWARDS in fact!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Being a Scab??
You have found an opportunity for those with limp wrists and no backbone and will bend over backwards for management.Shambles wrote:Again?daveyeff wrote:doing favours for sailors down the docks.k979aaa wrote:Best thing is if you need the money don't go in to a royal mail work place their is job's you can do cash in hand for other employers on a one off basis.