Should be a stage 1 issued. My advice Just remember the date issued and go a year with no sickness and your clear itdvb077 wrote:So I have a 2 week sick note.
Im clear of any stages
obvs im over the 4 absences or 14 days
so what happens now? Stage 1?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
sick
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: sick
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: sick
SP115 wrote:Wasn't the new attendance procedures that they clear after 6 months? I might have read it wrong
They clear after 6 months with no absences. But as far as I know they have not yet cleared up one idiosyncrasy .
If 3 of your absences are in the last 3 months before your stage is issued, and then you clear it with no absences, but go sick again within another 3 months - you then have 4 absences within 12 months. This leaves the question - can you effectively be put on 2 different stages for the same 3 absences, and is it fair.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: sick
No, it shouldn't. It isn't a black and white scenario.cloherty1976 wrote:Should be a stage 1 issued. My advice Just remember the date issued and go a year with no sickness and your clear itdvb077 wrote:So I have a 2 week sick note.
Im clear of any stages
obvs im over the 4 absences or 14 days
so what happens now? Stage 1?
A Stage 1 warning CAN be issued, but it is not an automatic result of meeting the criteria.
Or, at least, it shouldn't be.
The decision is with the manager dealing with it. They are under no requirement to actually issue the stage.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.