ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too?
-
rumble1234
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 07 Dec 2010, 11:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
You need to find a good physio mate will cost you but worth it the atos help is useless and so is nhs don't carry bag and bend your knees rather than your back .good luck
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
There is a European Standard for Private Letter Boxes (EN 13724) - Labour and the Coalition refused to legislate for it.Pete22 wrote:Bernardson wrote:Some years ago, please correct me if I'm wrong. The Irish Postal Workers Union persuaded thier government to introduce legislation for the height of letter boxes on all new front doors.
My heart sank this morning when I came across a new front door at No12 with the letter box at the bottom
Yes this is correct they have this as legislation.
Low Level Letter Boxes & The CWU 'Low Level Letter Box Campaign' http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ox#p562184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
welcome to park n loop.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Oh yes. I awake in the morning, I have to roll out of bed, then struggle to stand upright. Get into the bathroom and brush my teeth, have to lift the water to my mouth to rinse as I can longer bend down. Then I have to sit on the floor to put on my underpants, socks, pants, and trainers. Hold the sink to get back up again, 2 ibuprofen, and off we go.
I drop a letter at work, I cant pick it up. I get a low down letterbox im in agony, I can only bend halfway (in pain) and cant reach properly. If it doesnt go all the way thru I have to leave it.
Once im stood up in fine, but cant bend and when im sat down I cant get up. If I lie down I need to hold something to pull myself up. Constant twinges.
What have I become? What has this job made me into? Im 37 btw, 21 years service, feel 57.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
dvbuk55 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:Until breakfast.dvbuk55 wrote:Chelseablue wrote:I'm very stiff in the morning ,,,,,What do you have for breakfast LL, anything exciting
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
You would be f*cked on one of the walks in our office! a whole section of an estate has boxes in the bottom of the doors, and even worse is that it's right at the start so you have a full bag.
When I used to do it years ago I dropped the bag and walked around with bundles, f*ck delivering to nearly 100 of those boxes with a full bag!
When I used to do it years ago I dropped the bag and walked around with bundles, f*ck delivering to nearly 100 of those boxes with a full bag!
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
They can put a hi-viz vest on a low letterbox and it's all sorted then ;)Shambles wrote:You better ask for an Atos referral, and get some physiotherapy, lively! Sounds bloody awful.
Why can't RM make it mandatory for letter boxes to be risk assessed for H&S reasons, therefore showing their hard working, out in all weathers delivery peeps, a 'duty of care' ?? Surely the Union could help promote this? Or am I 'having a laugh' Jimmy
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
Just think of the compo in about 10 years time

-
Postietjay
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 07 Mar 2013, 20:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
Completely agree! I am 6ft 6inches in height and its a real struggle, even prepping my frame at the bottom row. Have to sit on the frame otherwise my back aches.
Low letter boxes can f**k off
Low letter boxes can f**k off
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
Lol silly S*d....knowing RM though, lolMr Blonde wrote:They can put a hi-viz vest on a low letterbox and it's all sorted then ;)Shambles wrote:You better ask for an Atos referral, and get some physiotherapy, lively! Sounds bloody awful.
Why can't RM make it mandatory for letter boxes to be risk assessed for H&S reasons, therefore showing their hard working, out in all weathers delivery peeps, a 'duty of care' ?? Surely the Union could help promote this? Or am I 'having a laugh' Jimmy
I thought you was having a B londe moment
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
-
Mr Incognito
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
Can't believe that just a few years ago I would do a delivery in the morning and then go and play a full round of golf in the afternoon 3 times per week... needless to say the golf clubs will shortly be going on Ebay. 
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
Have you tried sitting for than part. This is what I do when my back is playing up.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:bottom row preps always a little awkward
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
Get yourself off to the Drs so they can set you up some physio. Though that'll only cure you for a while and your'll end up going to them on a regular basis for the rest of your time at RM. Get on quite well with my physiotherapist now after going on/off for the past 3 years. Started off with my knee, then my knee and back....now its knee, back and ankle. Got a feeling I won't be with RM for much longer.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
If your not already with Simply Health Scheme, it would be worth your while, as I think you get half the money back, depending on what level membership you get 
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too
its probably ''the htc'' thats got you cattle trucked then. its alright that lot saying ''its weight off the shoulder'', but you've still got to push that feckn geet big thing around for the best part of 5 hours. its all wear and tear on you.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Im on HCTdaveyeff wrote:welcome to park n loop.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Oh yes. I awake in the morning, I have to roll out of bed, then struggle to stand upright. Get into the bathroom and brush my teeth, have to lift the water to my mouth to rinse as I can longer bend down. Then I have to sit on the floor to put on my underpants, socks, pants, and trainers. Hold the sink to get back up again, 2 ibuprofen, and off we go.
I drop a letter at work, I cant pick it up. I get a low down letterbox im in agony, I can only bend halfway (in pain) and cant reach properly. If it doesnt go all the way thru I have to leave it.
Once im stood up in fine, but cant bend and when im sat down I cant get up. If I lie down I need to hold something to pull myself up. Constant twinges.
What have I become? What has this job made me into? Im 37 btw, 21 years service, feel 57.
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: Sitting down to put my underpants on - whats it come too

For putting my socks on.