"no strike" part of the deal
and on that alone you should be striking
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Did they ask the right question?
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Did they ask the right question?
You've chosen to vote No Hunter, that's your choice. At least you bothered to post something and obviously expected some flak over it.
I would remind you that the reason you have a choice is due to our hardworking ancestors actually fighting for that right. You might find it unrealistic to believe workers not being given any choice or being forced back to work by military or para military forces....but it's happening all around the world.
I believe many Posties choices are mainly influenced by the Offices they work in. There's over a 1,000 Delivery Offices around the country and I expect quite a few are very nice places to work. I can well believe a small staff working in a nice quite country Office may well vote No, simply because they're enjoying their work. However it's going to be too late when their quite little office is sold off to the developers for a fast buck and they've got to travel to the new mega office, god knows how far away. Too late when after the Sell Off they're given their Statutory Notice to accept some new crap T & Cs.
I would remind you that the reason you have a choice is due to our hardworking ancestors actually fighting for that right. You might find it unrealistic to believe workers not being given any choice or being forced back to work by military or para military forces....but it's happening all around the world.
I believe many Posties choices are mainly influenced by the Offices they work in. There's over a 1,000 Delivery Offices around the country and I expect quite a few are very nice places to work. I can well believe a small staff working in a nice quite country Office may well vote No, simply because they're enjoying their work. However it's going to be too late when their quite little office is sold off to the developers for a fast buck and they've got to travel to the new mega office, god knows how far away. Too late when after the Sell Off they're given their Statutory Notice to accept some new crap T & Cs.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)