ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Post by Shambles »

redandblue wrote:
janitor wrote:Will be interesting to see what happens at my old office if there is A strike, as the man that is now Union rep, scabbed the last two strikes.
How the hell did that happen?

Sh8t happens, some people aspire to have integrity, morals ethics even, only to reveal their true selves :neutral:
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Post by janitor »

redandblue wrote:
janitor wrote:Will be interesting to see what happens at my old office if there is A strike, as the man that is now Union rep, scabbed the last two strikes.
How the hell did that happen?
Well he wasn't Union rep at the time, but it seems people have short memories.
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Post by NWpostie »

I'm going out on the picket line if it gets that far, one day rolling or two day rolling would do the biz I reckon, even on occasions if we wanted to call a strike day and just when the bosses employ some more agency workers cancel at the last minute meaning they will have to pay two lots of wages :left: , no law against that as far as I aware even if we have to give 7 days notice of a strike but none to cancel :Very Happy

Might have to be careful when I go down to the cafe near where I work and starting asking for some sausage, chips and beans :nervous
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

NWpostie wrote:I'm going out on the picket line if it gets that far, one day rolling or two day rolling would do the biz I reckon, even on occasions if we wanted to call a strike day and just when the bosses employ some more agency workers cancel at the last minute meaning they will have to pay two lots of wages :left: , no law against that as far as I aware even if we have to give 7 days notice of a strike but none to cancel :Very Happy

Might have to be careful when I go down to the cafe near where I work and starting asking for some sausage, chips and beans :nervous
Have A TEa with your Sausage Chips And Beans and you'll be fine.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bertieboy
Posts: 56
Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Post by bertieboy »

Is it ok to say scampi,chips and beans. :chuckle
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Post by Shambles »

bertieboy wrote:Is it ok to say scampi,chips and beans. :chuckle
:thumbup :chuckle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Post by rhino49 »

bertieboy wrote:Is it ok to say scampi,chips and beans. :chuckle
You can leave the chips out as SCAmpi and BeanS fulfils all your dietary requirements
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Post by Shambles »

rhino49 wrote:
bertieboy wrote:Is it ok to say scampi,chips and beans. :chuckle
You can leave the chips out as SCAmpi and BeanS fulfils all your dietary requirements
Woo HOO :left: :thumbup
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

BACK bacon, STeak And Best BEeR


Bit tortured that one though.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Is bullying and harrasing 'strike breakers' ok?

Post by Shambles »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:BACK bacon, STeak And Best BEeR


Bit tortured that one though.
:chuckle :thumbup
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.