http://www.carlukegazette.co.uk/news/lo ... -1-3120778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THE postmaster of Lanark whose office was gutted by fire four months ago will NOT re-open his business.
A Post Office spokeswoman said that its St Leonard Street franchise holder, Mr Soabid Bhatti, was pulling out.
She told the Gazette: “Mr Bhatti has decided to leave the business and requested that we look to find a replacement operator.”
Meanwhile, MP Jim Hood hit out at criticism from the town’s community council, where one member said he needed to “get his finger out” to resolve the town’s Post Office debacle.
Mr Hood said that the comment was totally “unfair” and the implication that he’d done next to nothing was “completely untrue”.
For the full story, pick up a copy of this week’s Lanark Gazette which is out now.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lanark Post Office boss calls it quits - what next?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Lanark Post Office boss calls it quits - what next?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Lanark Post Office boss calls it quits - what next?
I'd disagree.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Meanwhile, MP Jim Hood hit out at criticism from the town’s community council, where one member said he needed to “get his finger out” to resolve the town’s Post Office debacle.
Mr Hood said that the comment was totally “unfair” and the implication that he’d done next to nothing was “completely untrue”.
He is an MP, after all.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.