ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What does a good offer look like?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
brazil1212
Posts: 50
Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:58
Gender: Male

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by brazil1212 »

All I'm going to say is :nana Strike :nana :nana :nana :nana
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by Shambles »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Lincox wrote:Hope you haven,t been oggling Moya DVB :crazy:
:oops: Was I so transparent?
:so there I dunno, you bring em up well, and then their bleeding standards go to the gutter :left: :whistle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Shambles wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Lincox wrote:Hope you haven,t been oggling Moya DVB :crazy:
:oops: Was I so transparent?
:so there I dunno, you bring em up well, and then their bleeding standards go to the gutter :left: :whistle
Perlease there's nothing wrong in finding a beautiful woman attractive.......I mean who doesn't fantasise..........I certainly do, I mean every Saturday night I have a fantasy, but I haven't won anything yet.
Grinder64
Posts: 245
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
Gender: Male

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by Grinder64 »

fishtank wrote:What would prevent me from striking now,joining the CMA probably. :cuppa
I hope that someone has the foresight to inform Primark that sales of polyester shirts are about to go through the floor... :whistle
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
viking1488
Posts: 446
Joined: 15 May 2009, 15:37
Gender: Male

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by viking1488 »

ARTHUR29 wrote:
viking1488 wrote:nothing would stop me now and yes I want to strike just had enough
must have plenty of money lol
money does not come into it if u don't stand and fight now I wont have any money anyhow
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Cut Off King wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:IMHO the 3 or 10 year legally binding guarantee is a red-herring from both RM and the CWU. There is no way that anyone could draw up an iron clad guarantee, and because of that both parties will play any weakness to their benefit anyway, so it won't be worth the paper its written on.
Can you explain yourself a little more, you seem to be saying that any agreement struck won't be binding and can / will be changed by the new owners. So why would you strike if you have no faith in the outcome and you feel that you'll be dupe'd by either party.

What would you like to see happening ?
I have faith in the outcome and that both sides will come to an agreement just like they have in all the previous strikes. However look at BT2010 as a guide, its full of holes, obfuscation, is poorly written and badly defined. I have no faith that either party can make a completely watertight legal document that is binding on both parties, without either side leaving escape clauses in plain sight or hidden in legalese. Therefore in my opinion despite what the Union and RM say the legally binding agreement will be treated just like all previous agreements, it will be used and followed until one or the other side decide it needs changes, and viola they'll set the lawyers on it, or use of the their escape clauses.

In theory a 3 or 10 year legally binding agreement is a good aim, I just can't see it being any different to the way we operate now.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
mushy124
Posts: 43
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by mushy124 »

wheres the dom gone :nana
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by RedBagMan »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
... it will be used and followed until one or the other side decide it needs changes, and viola they'll set the lawyers on it, or use of the their escape clauses ...
Uuuuhhh ???

Image

... or is it something to do with the lawyers being on the fiddle ?
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by ratchet »

RedBagMan wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
... it will be used and followed until one or the other side decide it needs changes, and viola they'll set the lawyers on it, or use of the their escape clauses ...
Uuuuhhh ???

Image

... or is it something to do with the lawyers being on the fiddle ?
Mon Diue Rodders, Delboys hacked TBT's account :chuckle
I am no longer a number :-)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by Shambles »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Image
:Applause :Applause :chuckle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by Shambles »

Can I have that as my avatar :whistle please :pray
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Shambles wrote:Can I have that as my avatar :whistle please :pray
Get off your knees groveler :chuckle
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: What does a good offer look like?

Post by Shambles »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Shambles wrote:Can I have that as my avatar :whistle please :pray
Get off your knees groveler :chuckle
I was looking for my contact lense actually :left: :whistle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.