http://www.buchanobserver.co.uk/news/co ... -1-3119654" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Banff and Buchan MP Eilidh Whiteford has said it is imperative that St. Fergus retain access to its current range of Post Office counter services.
Dr. Whiteford was speaking following the announcement of proposed changes to Post Office opening hours in the village.
The Post Office will move from its current location to the village hall, a short distance away.
The days of opening have also been changed to Tuesday and Friday from 9am to 12 noon.
Commenting, Dr Whiteford said:“I’m pleased that Post Office management have secured the use of the village hall from which to continue the village’s Post Office service.
“A number of communities locally lost their Post Office completely under the previous London Government.
“St Fergus had its service downgraded but it is, nevertheless, an important and valued local service and I am keen to see that continue.
“I have written to the local community council in this regard but I’m also happy to hear from any St Fergus residents who may have concerns or suggestions about the new arrangements.”
A local public consultation on the changes runs until November 5.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MP comments on St. Fergus Post Office changes
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
MP comments on St. Fergus Post Office changes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: MP comments on St. Fergus Post Office changes
But will have ZERO effect on the outcome.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:A local public consultation on the changes runs until November 5.
Decision already made, I'm afraid.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.