ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by Theghost »

I can only assume people who do Vote NO have not really looked at what the future holds should Royal Mail Get their Way :arrrghhh
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by k979aaa »

Theghost wrote:I can only assume people who do Vote NO have not really looked at what the future holds should Royal Mail Get their Way :arrrghhh
THIS IS OUR FUTURE OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE AS THIERS COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU!.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-24330689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by k979aaa »

want more here http://postandparcel.info/58228/news/co ... anchester/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chelseablue
Posts: 2228
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by Chelseablue »

Is it crammyposty in disguise
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by k979aaa »

Chelseablue wrote:Is it crammyposty in disguise
You talking about me son?
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by number one »

sharky0308 wrote:
fishtank wrote:So your argument is basically..the union is weak as piss so let's vote NO and make it weaker and pissier.
Sounds like a winner all round. :cuppa
Now I want someone to enlighten me and explain how the union has made my life better over the 9 years that I've been a postman. Yes, I've been a member since day one, and I'll be voting the way we all should in the ballot, but to your comment, then yes, I really do believe they're weak as piss as you eloquently put it. I think they are inept, weak or maybe something more sinister, how else can you explain the mistakes they have been making day after day after day in the past few months,because personally I'm baffled by it all.

Go and have a look at your wage slip from back in 2004 when you started and look at it now. Then tell me the union haven't done anything for you
sharky0308
Posts: 58
Joined: 02 Nov 2010, 18:51
Gender: Male

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by sharky0308 »

If you think in general I'm better off now than when I first started, taking everything into consideration, you're sadly deluded.
Dee Plish
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 282
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:05
Gender: Male
Location: Atop many steps

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by Dee Plish »

OK it's been tough and we've taken on some changes we haven't liked, but since 2004 I can think of (off the top of my head) wage rises, a few lump sums and an hour off the working week that has improved terms and conditions, and at my office a brief walk out that stopped some ridiculous harassment from a DIM. Research will reveal more that my memory has forgotten. NONE of those things would have happened without CWU involvement. If you want to vote no and throw that all away, do so.

I'm voting YES to maintain and improve what we have.

YES X
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by DirtyHarry »

I've been a trade unionist all my working life, and believe me when I say this, for the first time ever before a dispute with management, I had to undergo a hell of a lot soul-searching before deciding whether I would vote YES, or NO.
Without a shadow of a doubt, the CWU let us all down hugely with that last deal. Yeah, we got a few quid, but to the cost of our terms and conditions of work.
The job was always going into decline, for many of us it became totally unrecognisable to the job the vast majority of us, including myself, willingly signed up to, and loved doing.

Since those days, the union has allowed management to move the goal posts so many times, that we have arrived at where we are today, most of us detesting going in to work, to do a job, no matter how good we do it, and no matter how big a workload we have, is still not enough to satisfy a management structure that consists of some of the laziest bastards I have ever laid two eyes on, and if required themselves, to do only once, what we do each and every day, would run a hundred million miles to avoid.

The CWU says, we the workers are in the last chance saloon, and they are right, we are.
But, so is the CWU. Lose this, and our jobs suddenly leap from being permanent, to becoming temporary, with the time of when that disastrous leap for us occurs being, by what I've read so far from both sides, being between 3 and 10 years.
Of course, the demise of a workforce comprising so many unionised people, means the demise of the CWU as well.
Privatisation is now a reality, sadly. I believe firmly that had we won a real victory last time, this would in all probability not be an issue.
Still, I arrived at the conclusion that if we are to attempt some sort of damage limitation, then a strike is the only weapon we have to achieve that.

One thing I will say, if the CWU look as though they are going to betray us, again......Then, local reps must refuse any attempt by the CWU top table to derail our strike, our fight for some long-overdue fairness and respect in our workplaces, an end to ever increasing workloads for those very clearly overloaded and struggling, an end to unjustifiable bullying and harassment of our members by toxic managers chasing unachievable targets.
The money, wage increase, increased bonuses, if we can get them, will be welcome, most welcome, but not as much as walking back into a job we can all fall back into love with once again.
I voted YES, and now I hope and pray for the best, for all of us.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2228
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by Chelseablue »

K 9 why wud I be talking about you?
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by Shambles »

Dirtyy Harry, I'm very impressed with the eloquent way you have structured your post, It's honest, and real and I applaud you 100% :Applause :Applause

I've rolled my Dice and voted Yes on Saturday :thumbup
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
north london driver
Posts: 560
Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
Gender: Male

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by north london driver »

DirtyHarry wrote:I've been a trade unionist all my working life, and believe me when I say this, for the first time ever before a dispute with management, I had to undergo a hell of a lot soul-searching before deciding whether I would vote YES, or NO.
Without a shadow of a doubt, the CWU let us all down hugely with that last deal. Yeah, we got a few quid, but to the cost of our terms and conditions of work.
The job was always going into decline, for many of us it became totally unrecognisable to the job the vast majority of us, including myself, willingly signed up to, and loved doing.

Since those days, the union has allowed management to move the goal posts so many times, that we have arrived at where we are today, most of us detesting going in to work, to do a job, no matter how good we do it, and no matter how big a workload we have, is still not enough to satisfy a management structure that consists of some of the laziest bastards I have ever laid two eyes on, and if required themselves, to do only once, what we do each and every day, would run a hundred million miles to avoid.

The CWU says, we the workers are in the last chance saloon, and they are right, we are.
But, so is the CWU. Lose this, and our jobs suddenly leap from being permanent, to becoming temporary, with the time of when that disastrous leap for us occurs being, by what I've read so far from both sides, being between 3 and 10 years.
Of course, the demise of a workforce comprising so many unionised people, means the demise of the CWU as well.
Privatisation is now a reality, sadly. I believe firmly that had we won a real victory last time, this would in all probability not be an issue.
Still, I arrived at the conclusion that if we are to attempt some sort of damage limitation, then a strike is the only weapon we have to achieve that.

One thing I will say, if the CWU look as though they are going to betray us, again......Then, local reps must refuse any attempt by the CWU top table to derail our strike, our fight for some long-overdue fairness and respect in our workplaces, an end to ever increasing workloads for those very clearly overloaded and struggling, an end to unjustifiable bullying and harassment of our members by toxic managers chasing unachievable targets.
The money, wage increase, increased bonuses, if we can get them, will be welcome, most welcome, but not as much as walking back into a job we can all fall back into love with once again.
I voted YES, and now I hope and pray for the best, for all of us.
well said dirty harry that is also how i feel about all this in all the years i have been in this job i have never heard so many
staff in london against our own union the last 3 years our management have walked all over us everything we fought
against has been brought in,we have lost alot of good staff and reps and it now seems moral in offices has finished.
i have voted yes for action as soon as my vote hit my doormat but i think there wont be many in my office.
i cannot see the union geting the massive vote they think they will get,it will be a yes vote but not by a big majority.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by k979aaa »

i have voted yes for action as soon as my vote hit my doormat but i think there wont be many in my office.
i cannot see the union geting the massive vote they think they will get,it will be a yes vote but not by a big majority.
I cannot but applaud you North London Driver but the pent up feeling of the masses will prove you wrong so much to lose why not put an X in box and post it you may not be able to do it in years to come!
barrowc
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 383
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 01:36
Gender: Male

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by barrowc »

Cornishpostie44 wrote:I dare say if we do physically strike a few more from the office will refuse to speak to anyone who dares to think and act differently
Sending someone to Coventry (i.e. not speaking to them) can be construed as bullying & harassment. No-one has to be anyone else's best buddy but you need to speak to them as much as is needed to get the job done
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: VOTE NO - Think of yourself!

Post by BingBong »

Im voting yes, however not everyone who votes no may see their future at royal mail. could be a stop gap for them. make as much as they can while they can sort of thing. as much as that is crap on their colleagues sadly thats how some people are.
Toon Army!