ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of proporti

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by stokes11eg »

:sad: Yes, agree that you get in first. Report her as being abusive.
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by 2pints »

I usually find a big smile is the best tactic when someone is rude to you,it winds them up no end and you can say "i only smiled" :crazy:
saga
Posts: 66
Joined: 18 May 2007, 17:08
Location: west midlands

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by saga »

I am now retired but many years ago, I had a man rage at me in the street about his mail being wet. It was pouring down and so I gave him a not very polite answer. He reported me to my manager who asked my side of the story. My manager then typed a letter out addressed to this man stating that if he abused any
of his staff again, delivery to his house would be stopped and he would have to pick up his mail from the delivery office in future. This was the same manager who bought mugs of tea out to the picket line during a strike. He always backed his staff - real top bloke - not like managers of today!
saga
minx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 51
Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 12:35
Gender: Female

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by minx »

hi posties
in customer service we tell customers who complain about open gates that we only close them if we have opened them, if we arrive and gate already open in we go post letter, back out and cust can shut their :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: own gate . while on the subject of educating our customers in our funny little ways can you posties explain delivery procedures re a porch with a door that needs to be opened by postie to get to del point are posties expected to be opening doors and is our postie allowed to step into porch or is that trespass. be a big help if one of my postie friends could advise as i tell them posties need free and open access , so i can fully educate customers. dont even get me started on the complaints i have to deal with on a daily basis , basically our posties are responsible for everything from blizzards, to churned up gravel driveways, to the person wh o goes walking just to collect and count how many rubber bands posties have dropped ,and so on . a lot of the time we just take details book it on and issue ref no ,then dom can view what we have said on his computer, and is left to dom to deal with as he sits fit. i wouldn't worry too much about this lady , if she does call she has so many options to get through she will probably give up , iwill say though posties if something does happen always make sure you put your side first as the cust complaint probably would not be viewed till following day .keep up the good work posties love you all :nana
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Don't worry about the incident......Leave as you find it. :cuppa Only exception I make is when you open a knackered old gate and it drops on one of it's hinges! :mad I don't get paid enough to make running repairs as I'm going around. Another pet hate is the Old Codgers who tie their gates shut with bits of string and wire FFS! :mad

I used to stand their and untie them in the Old Days, although I never retied them on the way out, now I just endorse "No Access" and bung it back in the pouch! :Very Happy I haven't got time to Bugger about anymore! :sad:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by Darren Bent »

Don't forget some customers say they will complain and they never do. I seen there is load of metals thefts for scrap. I never seen a gate get stolen yet.
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by justdeno »

I always leave a gate as I find it. One day a fellow postie shut a ladies gate, but she drove into it :Very Happy . Another postie shut a gate and a man biked into it :Very Happy . We were told if gate open leave it. Very wise, can cause serious injuries :Very Happy
paulblues111
Posts: 10
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 19:09
Gender: Male

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by paulblues111 »

Don't use the gate go through all the gardens !!!!!!!! :dance
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by 2pints »

Pat Ostman wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
aiden01 wrote:no not glorified gatelockers but if gate is closed and u open it should you then not close it.
I always leave as I find.
THINK that is the right way to go about it.
At my induction I was told to always close gates. I leave as I find it, hopefully open as they are only territorial pissing anyway. I hate the f***ing things.
Gates stop children/pets from escaping onto the street they are not just for show... close them if they are closed.
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by NWpostie »

I lost the number of times I've had run ins with gate moaners moaner who speak to me like sh1t, I refuse to take it off them and have told them as such, I can also refuse to deliver mail to their house.

if they think its that bad now, whooah ! wait until privatisation kicks in, I guarantee they have a lot more to complain about.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by Pat Ostman »

2pints wrote:
Pat Ostman wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
aiden01 wrote:no not glorified gatelockers but if gate is closed and u open it should you then not close it.
I always leave as I find.
THINK that is the right way to go about it.
At my induction I was told to always close gates. I leave as I find it, hopefully open as they are only territorial pissing anyway. I hate the f***ing things.
Gates stop children/pets from escaping onto the street they are not just for show... close them if they are closed.
I leave as I find.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
mailroyaly
Posts: 129
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: over there

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by mailroyaly »

I had a christmas tip from a fella once who said 'I'm giving you this because you're the only one who closes my gate'.
I close all gates whether open when I arrive or not, it's no skin off my nose. :chuckle
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by Dorset Plodder »

mailroyaly wrote:I had a christmas tip from a fella once who said 'I'm giving you this because you're the only one who closes my gate'.
I close all gates whether open when I arrive or not, it's no skin off my nose. :chuckle

Might be skin of your fingers though mate! :Very Happy I hate those bloody wrought iron jobs....swing them shut as you're walking away and...Ouch! :sad: Broken several fingers over the years when they get tangled up with those "Postie Traps"!

Especially love the old rusty types that have bit falling off them! :sad:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
jagger
Posts: 182
Joined: 23 Sep 2008, 13:24
Gender: Male

Re: Customer reporting me and blowing things way out of prop

Post by jagger »

Darren Bent wrote:Don't forget some customers say they will complain and they never do. I seen there is load of metals thefts for scrap. I never seen a gate get stolen yet.
All the gates in a street i deliver to got nicked about 6 months ago. Made my life easier though. Cheers pikeys :nana :nana :nana