http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Wor ... z2gCk1ozux" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dedicated postie Colin Kyme has celebrated 40 years working at the same village post office.
Mr Kyme, 58, works for Royal Mail at Saxilby Post Office in High Street.
And he says the job is in his blood as he is the third generation of postie in his family.
What's more, wife Jill is a postmistress in Newton-on- Trent where they live. The couple have two children, Jamie and Kim.
To celebrate the milestone, Mr Kyme's colleagues at Saxilby threw him a surprise party on Tuesday morning.
They put together a board of photographs spanning the last four decades. To commemorate the occasion, Mr Kyme received a paper weight, pen and badge from Royal Mail.
He said: "I've been based here in Saxilby from day one and I really enjoy the job. I've seen a fair share of changes over the years. We deliver to more houses now but the sorting process has been streamlined so it balances out really.
"I've always enjoyed the job getting to meet members of the public and the great staff here. I've had a lovely day celebrating 40 years in the job.
"It's always a bit more challenging when the weather takes a turn for the worst but we just do our best."
Twenty-five years ago Mr Kyme won the title of cleanest van in the district and he still hoovers it every morning before work and even sweeps the floor at the post office daily.
Colleague Keith Maltby said: "I have worked with Colin for 16 years now. He is brilliant to work with and it is a pleasure. He is a genuinely lovely guy, the kind of person who would do anything for anyone without asking for something in return."
Sub postmistress Kate Elkrington said: "He is one of the most genuine and trustworthy people you could hope to work with.
"I don't think he's ever had a complaint. In fact, when he's on holiday people complain he's not doing the round. He's very highly thought of and respected by everyone."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Workmates deliver surprise party for first class postie
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Workmates deliver surprise party for first class postie
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Red Robbo
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Workmates deliver surprise party for first class postie
Heh, 25 years ago, cleaned his van, swept the floor, WCM , back to the future?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Workmates deliver surprise party for first class postie
"Twenty-five years ago Mr Kyme won the title of cleanest van in the district and he still hoovers it every morning before work and even sweeps the floor at the post office daily." 
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Workmates deliver surprise party for first class postie
DCO, COD, oh ffs, OCD is a Curse, not a Blessing...Lounge Lizard wrote:"Twenty-five years ago Mr Kyme won the title of cleanest van in the district and he still hoovers it every morning before work and even sweeps the floor at the post office daily."
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.