you get paid for 7 hrs 50 you do 7hrs 50 and it cant get any worse than it is now with some planner saying they want 150 hrs out of the office every five minutesk979aaa wrote:Well get of that comfy chair and VOTE don't sit on the fence or not VOTE it is the same I want all to VOTE all it takes is a cross in a box and get off your comfy chair and walk to a post box you will walk for longer once it is privatised!slave wrote:I like defeatism, it brings a sense of chaotic realism to the proceedings.
Right now, my backside is in a comfy chair, it's warm and I'm not getting up, although I don't think my backside should be open for discussion on a public forum.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Too late to strike!?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Too late to strike!?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Too late to strike!?
7.48 hours but we have long and shorts and they change it for bank holidays?bringon4dayweeks wrote:you get paid for 7 hrs 50 you do 7hrs 50 and it cant get any worse than it is now with some planner saying they want 150 hrs out of the office every five minutesk979aaa wrote:Well get of that comfy chair and VOTE don't sit on the fence or not VOTE it is the same I want all to VOTE all it takes is a cross in a box and get off your comfy chair and walk to a post box you will walk for longer once it is privatised!slave wrote:I like defeatism, it brings a sense of chaotic realism to the proceedings.
Right now, my backside is in a comfy chair, it's warm and I'm not getting up, although I don't think my backside should be open for discussion on a public forum.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Too late to strike!?
they shouldnt change it for bank holidaysk979aaa wrote:7.48 hours but we have long and shorts and they change it for bank holidays?bringon4dayweeks wrote:you get paid for 7 hrs 50 you do 7hrs 50 and it cant get any worse than it is now with some planner saying they want 150 hrs out of the office every five minutesk979aaa wrote:Well get of that comfy chair and VOTE don't sit on the fence or not VOTE it is the same I want all to VOTE all it takes is a cross in a box and get off your comfy chair and walk to a post box you will walk for longer once it is privatised!slave wrote:I like defeatism, it brings a sense of chaotic realism to the proceedings.
Right now, my backside is in a comfy chair, it's warm and I'm not getting up, although I don't think my backside should be open for discussion on a public forum.
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: Too late to strike!?
They swap hours for Tues/Wed when it's been a bank holiday Monday in our office. Rep either thinks it's fine or just chooses to ignore it, not sure which.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Too late to strike!?
Oh do they make you take holidays while on the sick/with a fit note not to work?slave wrote:They swap hours for Tues/Wed when it's been a bank holiday Monday in our office. Rep either thinks it's fine or just chooses to ignore it, not sure which.
-
Rainbow
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 11 Oct 2008, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Too late to strike!?
Sounds crazy but im actually thinking about buying some shares while voting YES for strike action!!
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: Too late to strike!?
Not that I've heard about, can they actually do that?k979aaa wrote:Oh do they make you take holidays while on the sick/with a fit note not to work?slave wrote:They swap hours for Tues/Wed when it's been a bank holiday Monday in our office. Rep either thinks it's fine or just chooses to ignore it, not sure which.
I don't have the cash available for such purchases! So, let me try and understand this; you want to buy shares in a business that could be damaged (yes, people will use other couriers, that offer better service for less) by long term industrial action (I doubt anything will be achieved by short term action, certainly not what the union is after anyway), I don't know about you but that doesn't sound like the best financial decision ever..Rainbow wrote:Sounds crazy but im actually thinking about buying some shares while voting YES for strike action!!
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Too late to strike!?
Slave, I think your correct in your assumptions it's called Hedging your Bets..... 
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
-
Rainbow
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 11 Oct 2008, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Too late to strike!?
this is what i think will happen, overwhelming vote to strike, suddenly an improved deal will emerge, the union caves in, everyone told to accept new deal. reagarding the share price - who knows what it will be in 3-5 years time, considering crap savings rates at the moment £500 could be worth a bit of a gamble. 
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Too late to strike!?
If you have £500 to lose remember shares values can go up or DOWN what will happen if we go on strike or we get re-nationalised well I will give it a miss as a socialist and man of the people. VOTE YESRainbow wrote:this is what i think will happen, overwhelming vote to strike, suddenly an improved deal will emerge, the union caves in, everyone told to accept new deal. reagarding the share price - who knows what it will be in 3-5 years time, considering crap savings rates at the moment £500 could be worth a bit of a gamble.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Too late to strike!?
Intersting debating style - arguing on the basis of ignorance but at least you are honest.slave wrote:As it is we could get a pay rise, I have no idea what strings are attached to it though. So as it stands it would not be a pay cut, you sound like RM chiefs coming out with twisted words like that.
As it is RM will be glad of a yes vote and for industrial action to take place across the country, then they can withdraw whatever payment it was (no idea what amount it was, but it was payable only to offices not taking industrial action) - they'll save a fortune which will sit nicely in the likes of Moya and her cronies pockets.
The withdrawn pay offer was 8.6% over 3 years - but that could be changed and was not guaranteed and current inflation is higher (current forecast for inflation is 9% over 3 years - a real term pay cut). The 8.6% included the £300 no strike bonus. The strings were acceptance of the Pension changes (which they have already moved on - albeit only slightly), a no strike deal called Indsutrial Stability, but with no details - that might suit you as you already made a decision based on self confessed ignorance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: Too late to strike!?
BernardBresslaw wrote:I really can't understand why anyone would vote no, unless they have been smoking crack. Who would vote for a pay cut and loss of benefits?
Likewise if anyone crosses the picket line, when the inevitable happens, I think it could get messy.
People in my office will go in, most of them (bar 1) have no excuse
c***s
-
BernardBresslaw
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Too late to strike!?
What excuse could you have?mandelsons_toenail wrote:BernardBresslaw wrote:I really can't understand why anyone would vote no, unless they have been smoking crack. Who would vote for a pay cut and loss of benefits?
Likewise if anyone crosses the picket line, when the inevitable happens, I think it could get messy.
![]()
People in my office will go in, most of them (bar 1) have no excuse
c***s
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
-
RoyalSlave69
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Too late to strike!?
It's too late to strike. I want my pay rise and £300. Striking will achieve nothing. Only make us look like fools. Privatisation is happening. Strikes should happen in the third year, when the terms and conditions are likely to change.