ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

manager coming to my house?

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
pcb
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 392
Joined: 21 May 2007, 11:32

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by pcb »

Eemmaa_uk: If you joined the union you would have been able to address this issue as soon as you started getting harassed. Follow Dvbuk55 sound advice and join the union.
Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.
John Stuart Mill
emmaa_uk
Posts: 48
Joined: 24 May 2009, 13:38
Gender: Female

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by emmaa_uk »

dvbuk55 wrote:
emmaa_uk wrote:
mandelsons_toenail wrote:Grievance

Get in touch with rep

Local or area
I am no longer in the union, does that matter?
Yes it matters, that's why you should be in the union, it's like an insurance policy - tbh I don't know what you are concerned about, if you're sick you're sick his visit won't change a thing.
I dont him coming round, its an invasion of my privacy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by dvbuk55 »

emmaa_uk wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
emmaa_uk wrote:
mandelsons_toenail wrote:Grievance

Get in touch with rep

Local or area
I am no longer in the union, does that matter?
Yes it matters, that's why you should be in the union, it's like an insurance policy - tbh I don't know what you are concerned about, if you're sick you're sick his visit won't change a thing.
I dont him coming round, its an invasion of my privacy
Or a manager concerned about an employees welfare.............either way join the union and you'll have recourse won't you.
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by bogstandard »

join the union and tell your manager to bring your rep too.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
Son Of God
Posts: 188
Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 13:34
Gender: Male

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by Son Of God »

What happened em?

Did you return to work?

Did he turn up on your doorstep?

Or did you tell him to do one?

:)
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by meercat »

If a manager turned up at my door I would tell them to leave my property immediately and slam the door in his face. It's total harassment. I'd also complain about it. No visit unless you agree, do not agree, do not even give a reason for not agreeing it's none of their business.

Also don't agree to being contacted by ATOS, talk to your doctor and follow his/her advice not some private company out to make a profit on bullying people back to work early.
emmaa_uk
Posts: 48
Joined: 24 May 2009, 13:38
Gender: Female

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by emmaa_uk »

Son Of God wrote:What happened em?

Did you return to work?

Did he turn up on your doorstep?

Or did you tell him to do one?

:)
lol no I explained to my rep and he sorted it for me. My manager reckons he wouldnt have come round if I said i was in bed which i was (i thought he was being difficult by saying that), I told him if I was ill what difference does it make if I am on sofa/ in bed etc, the point being I was ill and his visit wouldnt make any difference.
The anoying thing is you are made to feel bad about being ill so they harass you into coming back which I did! Anyway my attendance is 100% (no warnings- so all clear :nana )
emmaa_uk
Posts: 48
Joined: 24 May 2009, 13:38
Gender: Female

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by emmaa_uk »

wheresourmoney wrote:I had 2 managers turn up at my house , I asked them why they needed to turn up mob handed, the first one said that he was there on a official capacity, the second one said that he was there as a mate and friend who was concerned about my welfare, the second manager had only been in our office for 2 days, before that I had never seen him before.
bloody hell, I would have gone mad, sounds like you were on long term sickness, I believe they do then but I was only off 4 days
emmaa_uk
Posts: 48
Joined: 24 May 2009, 13:38
Gender: Female

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by emmaa_uk »

fishtank wrote:The first thing anyone should do when they go off sick is agree a reasonable level of contact.
Expecting you to phone every day is unreasonable and pointless,him phoning you later the same day is ridiculous and blatant harassment.
A home visit should only be arranged firstly if you agree to it and if it's impossible for you to attend your office and it's impossible to discuss any help they could offer over the phone.
It should be a last resort.
To be honest an uninvited manager wouldn't get beyond my gate,I have a dog and I'm not afraid to use it.
liking these comments- thanks a lot!
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by wacko74 »

As already mentioned I'd also let them make the 12 mile trip... but they wouldn't get any further than the doorstep once they turned up.
Would be especially funny if it happens to be peeing down.
Son Of God
Posts: 188
Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 13:34
Gender: Male

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by Son Of God »

emmaa_uk wrote:
Son Of God wrote:What happened em?

Did you return to work?

Did he turn up on your doorstep?

Or did you tell him to do one?

:)
lol no I explained to my rep and he sorted it for me. My manager reckons he wouldnt have come round if I said i was in bed which i was (i thought he was being difficult by saying that), I told him if I was ill what difference does it make if I am on sofa/ in bed etc, the point being I was ill and his visit wouldnt make any difference.
The anoying thing is you are made to feel bad about being ill so they harass you into coming back which I did! Anyway my attendance is 100% (no warnings- so all clear :nana )
Yay! :)

Nice one mate. Pleased all come good... You say you explained to your rep. Are you now a member? :)
martin the green
Posts: 157
Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by martin the green »

don't answer the door.
sorry I was in bed sleeping because I am sick :whistle :wave
steevo
Posts: 9
Joined: 02 Mar 2013, 12:29
Gender: Male

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by steevo »

If any manager of mine came round my house it would be them who would need house visits for a while.
Bang out of order and the bloke needs putting in his place. Manager or not, they don't own you and the last time i looked it wasn't against the law to have time off if ou are ill.

I had a really bad back today, pulled a muscle and still went in, spent all day in the office prepping door to doors. I'd rather go in and do what I can but to be honest I was in so much pain I nearly passed out.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by Shambles »

wacko74 wrote:As already mentioned I'd also let them make the 12 mile trip... but they wouldn't get any further than the doorstep once they turned up.
Would be especially funny if it happens to be peeing down.
:left: especially if it wasn't actually raining but more improvised rain :wink: that's what I call taking the p#ss properly.

Fishtank, stuffed cuddly toys shaped as a canine, do not count :chuckle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
haddie
Posts: 143
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 09:05
Gender: Male

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by haddie »

if dom turned up at my house I would call the police as I have an intruder on my premises. seriously, I would tell them where to go. I would have every right. its B&H w/o a doubt.