ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by Barbel »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
Barbel wrote:No idea, all as I know if I retire at 65 I have 23 working years left. EEk and I'm knackered already!

23 years x 46 weeks = 1058 weeks @ 5 days a week = 5290, that doesnt include bank hols and sick, thats just work days
hin

Oh my goodness I think I'll top myself now. :shock:
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I'd rather not work it out.
I'm depressed enough without knowing how much of my sentence there is still to go. :cry
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:I'd rather not work it out.
I'm depressed enough without knowing how much of my sentence there is still to go. :cry
Go on, you know you want too
Don't listen to him - wait 'til tomorrow you'll have a day less :chuckle
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by Godric »

just over 21 years before I hit 65 years ... either way unless I win the Euro Millions I have 2 life sentences to complete :arrrghhh
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by post_bitch »

Godric wrote:just over 21 years before I hit 65 years ... either way unless I win the Euro Millions I have 2 life sentences to complete :arrrghhh
oh come on! u get 4 weeks off a year
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by Godric »

post_bitch wrote:
Godric wrote:just over 21 years before I hit 65 years ... either way unless I win the Euro Millions I have 2 life sentences to complete :arrrghhh
oh come on! u get 4 weeks off a year
nah I get 6 weeks off been in the job nearly 24 years :roll:
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by daveyeff »

well by the time any of you that have about 20yrs left, then the finishing post will be a lot more tha 65. (if the job still exists by then) its going up to 66 in 2020 for men and women. up to 68 by 2030. by 2037 medical advances will mean they have discovered how to lengthen youre lifespan to a 120yrs. and they will make you work til you are a 110. :Very Happy
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by Godric »

daveyeff wrote:well by the time any of you that have about 20yrs left, then the finishing post will be a lot more tha 65. (if the job still exists by then) its going up to 66 in 2020 for men and women. up to 68 by 2030. by 2037 medical advances will mean they have discovered how to lengthen youre lifespan to a 120yrs. and they will make you work til you are a 110. :Very Happy
the way i'm going i'll be lucky to see my 60th birthday :Boo hoo!
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by Barbel »

daveyeff wrote:well by the time any of you that have about 20yrs left, then the finishing post will be a lot more tha 65. (if the job still exists by then) its going up to 66 in 2020 for men and women. up to 68 by 2030. by 2037 medical advances will mean they have discovered how to lengthen youre lifespan to a 120yrs. and they will make you work til you are a 110. :Very Happy
Noooooooo! I'm hoping I'll have had my inheritance by then and be drinking mojitos and smoking cigars on some Cuban beach. :Very Happy