ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
Well I reckon I have already worked 12,240 days plus a little bit more - that's 48 x 5 x 51............but it's a little bit more than 51 and of course we worked 6 day weeks for years. So I am certainly on a countdown 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
Such a strong word to use...dvbuk55 wrote:Well I reckon I have already worked
Shown face might be more appropriate,
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
You cheeky sod! Are you sure you're not my DOMfishtank wrote:Such a strong word to use...dvbuk55 wrote:Well I reckon I have already worked
Shown face might be more appropriate,
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
Naah that was Be-Bop Deluxe's second album - featuring the classic "Maid in Heaven"TrueBlueTerrier wrote: or was it futurama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99KwIZlsVY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(... and Wakefield isn't that far away from Hudd
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
well this is depressing assuming i'm still in full working order all the way to 68
actual days 15,148
work days 10,820ish
p.s my brain is fuzzed so i cheated on the maths and used this http://www.onlineconversion.com/days_until_retire.htm
actual days 15,148
work days 10,820ish
p.s my brain is fuzzed so i cheated on the maths and used this http://www.onlineconversion.com/days_until_retire.htm
-
midegarelu
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 414
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: somewhere over the rainbow
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
i remember when i had 22 christmasses left to do.,,,6 left now yippee.5plusbonusball wrote:Maybe you should listen to the great Moody Blues song - "22000 days" - "it's all we've got, it's not a lot, 22000 days" - or about 70 years average lifespan of non posties.
Me hopefully 1 shite saturday left then my lotto numbers come up , if not then 15 years left!
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
About 90 mins till I can flop into bed
No idea how many days of work left but I doubt we will make the distance under private ownership.
No idea how many days of work left but I doubt we will make the distance under private ownership.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
think of the youngens though. there is a 25 yr old at ours, and the retirement age will be about 75 when he finishes. you could go home, murder the missus, go to jail, do a 30 yr sentence, come out, and he'll still be at work.dvbuk55 wrote:Well I reckon I have already worked 12,240 days plus a little bit more - that's 48 x 5 x 51............but it's a little bit more than 51 and of course we worked 6 day weeks for years. So I am certainly on a countdown
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
Get thee behind me Satan.........you are the voice in my head that says "do it" and I am tempted especially for an extra 30 years albeit behind barsdaveyeff wrote:think of the youngens though. there is a 25 yr old at ours, and the retirement age will be about 75 when he finishes. you could go home, murder the missus, go to jail, do a 30 yr sentence, come out, and he'll still be at work.dvbuk55 wrote:Well I reckon I have already worked 12,240 days plus a little bit more - that's 48 x 5 x 51............but it's a little bit more than 51 and of course we worked 6 day weeks for years. So I am certainly on a countdown
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
wonder how many miles you will walk in that time.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:LOL, I took him at face value, then deducted my 4 years that im older than him. Ive 30 years left, so whats that ? 30 yrs x 46 weeks = 1380 x 5 days per week = 6900 working days! Maybe the thick numpty meant 7100 daysTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Indeed 71,000 days = 194.392 yearsdoorstepped wrote:thats 180 years give or take a year or two!!!I knew retirement age was getting further and further away but.......
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
Sooooooooooooo how do you manage to stand up and take dump ...........I've heard of man nappies of course but I'd have thought that was a bit extremeJimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:daveyeff wrote:wonder how many miles you will walk in that time.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:LOL, I took him at face value, then deducted my 4 years that im older than him. Ive 30 years left, so whats that ? 30 yrs x 46 weeks = 1380 x 5 days per week = 6900 working days! Maybe the thick numpty meant 7100 daysTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Indeed 71,000 days = 194.392 yearsdoorstepped wrote:thats 180 years give or take a year or two!!!I knew retirement age was getting further and further away but.......
Oh now youve started something! From leaving the office to back to the office, just delivery, I do over 13 miles a day , so its 89`700Thats not inclusing walking to and from work, and all the walking around at work, I never sit down
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
I actually have the single of that,bought for me as a present in the late 60's (I did ask for it!)solcat wrote:Was'nt that a Song.....AhebbanAhebban wrote:In the year 2525 .......
-
bograt
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 07 Aug 2012, 21:45
- Gender: Male
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?
No idea, all as I know if I retire at 65 I have 23 working years left. EEk and I'm knackered already!