Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:You wouldnt even get OT you`d be given another day off in future, as you CANT work overtime when on leave.
Not true, You can work and get paid OT whilst on annual leave, it is against agreements that the CWU have with RM though but not illegal.
Not true. You cannot work OT or any other hours whilst on leave. You would have to give up the leave and have it later.
nope not in the slightest you can come in and get paid over time straight from go, you do not have to take the leave later, show me anywhere that it states you are not allowed to work overtime whilst on leave
theres plenty of offices up and down the country where it happens, its not illegal just against agreements that the CWU and Royal mail have as i previously stated
A lad in my area worked his Saturday off PRIOR to his leave starting on Monday, and was refused to be paid the OT by the bookroom, on the grounds his leave started when leaving the office on Friday.
As far as I know, you can't work whilst on A/L.
But people do.
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:You wouldnt even get OT you`d be given another day off in future, as you CANT work overtime when on leave.
Not true, You can work and get paid OT whilst on annual leave, it is against agreements that the CWU have with RM though but not illegal.
Not true. You cannot work OT or any other hours whilst on leave. You would have to give up the leave and have it later.
nope not in the slightest you can come in and get paid over time straight from go, you do not have to take the leave later, show me anywhere that it states you are not allowed to work overtime whilst on leave
theres plenty of offices up and down the country where it happens, its not illegal just against agreements that the CWU and Royal mail have as i previously stated
I'm with zx135 on this one. Seen it happen loads of times. If it was illegal then RM would be a long way up s**t creek , but they are not..
This really pisses me off! I have a manager that just won't take no for an answer! I haven't worked any overtime in about a year, but still everyday he's like, "do you wanna work your day off this week, do you wanna work your day off this week?" and still after a week of me saying No! he'll still phone me on my day off, at 6am! the one day I get a lie-in asking if I wanna come in to work!
JiminyBillyBob wrote:This really pisses me off! I have a manager that just won't take no for an answer! I haven't worked any overtime in about a year, but still everyday he's like, "do you wanna work your day off this week, do you wanna work your day off this week?" and still after a week of me saying No! he'll still phone me on my day off, at 6am! the one day I get a lie-in asking if I wanna come in to work!
Expressly tell this pr1ck you do not EVER want to work days off or leave. He's disturbing your rest days, and if he carries on doing it you'll put in a grievance for harassment.