I believe one of the problems we have in this business is the smaller DOs with say 15-20 Posties, who haven't got a Union Rep and basically get left to deal with the Management as best they can.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I.w.t is it agreed with cwu
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: I.w.t is it agreed with cwu
You're right Budfrog he shouldn't be in the job. In my eyes he's incompetent, however in the management's eyes he's doing a good job. Why? Because he's keeping the overtime budget down and bullshitting the "Uninformed" into what they're not meant to be claiming and what they're meant to be doing. i.e lapsing on a busy day...not cutting off...swings and roundabouts...using your cars.FFS
I believe one of the problems we have in this business is the smaller DOs with say 15-20 Posties, who haven't got a Union Rep and basically get left to deal with the Management as best they can.
With perhaps an occasional visit from the Area Rep. Most of these guys don't know what they're entitled to and may have been working this way for many years. In the old days it didn't really matter because the job was easier and they let a few things slip by without kicking up a fuss. Now the screw's being turned and the "Penny Pinching" spotlight is being turned onto every little Office. It's hard for these old easy going Posties to suddenly turn into militant firebrands.
However I'm getting the feeling that even they are getting pissed off with the way things are going. God forbid some are even claiming overtime now and saying they haven't got enough time to lapse! 
I believe one of the problems we have in this business is the smaller DOs with say 15-20 Posties, who haven't got a Union Rep and basically get left to deal with the Management as best they can.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: I.w.t is it agreed with cwu
Funny, I was chatting to a OPG in Dorset only last week as he was loading his van outside the DO. Asked him "Hows Things?" to which he replied "Jobs gone to s**t, which is a shame as it used to be OK. Tried to claim some OT for going over recently and was told by the DOM that it's flexibility hourage from the time I saved from back in Jan/Feb"Dorset Plodder wrote:You're right Budfrog he shouldn't be in the job. In my eyes he's incompetent, however in the management's eyes he's doing a good job. Why? Because he's keeping the overtime budget down and bullshitting the "Uninformed" into what they're not meant to be claiming and what they're meant to be doing. i.e lapsing on a busy day...not cutting off...swings and roundabouts...using your cars.FFS![]()
I believe one of the problems we have in this business is the smaller DOs with say 15-20 Posties, who haven't got a Union Rep and basically get left to deal with the Management as best they can.With perhaps an occasional visit from the Area Rep. Most of these guys don't know what they're entitled to and may have been working this way for many years. In the old days it didn't really matter because the job was easier and they let a few things slip by without kicking up a fuss. Now the screw's being turned and the "Penny Pinching" spotlight is being turned onto every little Office. It's hard for these old easy going Posties to suddenly turn into militant firebrands.
However I'm getting the feeling that even they are getting pissed off with the way things are going. God forbid some are even claiming overtime now and saying they haven't got enough time to lapse!
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: I.w.t is it agreed with cwu
The wonderful thing is that some of us fought flexibility and attempts to bank hours in our small office, and won as the lino had to come down and state that there was no rolling over of hours. Yet some of them continue to work on the basis that if they finish early on a Monday or Tuesday they will not claim overtime if they go over the rest of the week. You can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. There is no way these people will support the yes vote and they are the majority.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: I.w.t is it agreed with cwu
WTF
Now that's what I call taking the piss! So much for the "30 Mins" repayable within the week.
Our DOM will often try the old "Well you finished an hour early Mon and Tues... so it's alright for you to do two hours unpaid overtime on Weds". Which I would NEVER stand for!
But to try and claim that far back. Is this Dickhead trying to run some sort of Annualised system?
You see what I'm getting at Budfrog there's so many Jellyfish in this company (that may well know no better) that are making it so easy for Management to shave hours off their budget. I personally believe that we don't need to Strike. IF we all just worked our hours properly that would probably be enough
I'm not holding my breath though.................. so It'll be down to a strike. Then the same Jellyfish will be saying, "Is this really necessary, I don't really want to strike, what about my poor customers"? 
But to try and claim that far back. Is this Dickhead trying to run some sort of Annualised system?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)