Acca Dacca wrote:The thing is, unless the postie has admitted to signing it, if the police found the money or envelope in the guys house then it could be claimed that the guy DID sign for it himself and was lying all along. How do they know who's signature it is? Its always a scribble.
Reasonable belief is all that's required,It doesn't matter what could be claimed or whether there was no actual proof that the postie signed for it.
If a manager thinks they can justify reasonable belief he/she can progress a disciplinary case on those parameters alone.
Even if you accepted that the customer received the item you could in theory look at this case and weigh up which scenario is the more likely,that the customer actually signed for the item and then decided to deny receiving it or the customer found it had been posted without them signing for it and then decided to deny receiving it.
I know which one is far more likely and that could be used to build a case that it was reasonable to believe that the postie delivered it without a signature.
JiminyBillyBob wrote:I've accidently posted about 4 specials in my short time with RM, Never been called up once about it!?
I guess if the customer is honest enough, not trying to get something for nothing, and not a compulsive complainer its not a problem? Either that or Im exceptionally lucky or managment at my place are beyond useless?
Im betting your part time? Part time seem to be able to do whatever they want, full time on the other hand, 1 slip and you gone, they save sooooooooooooo much in hours, pensions, and potentialy long term a LOT of money. Managers are on bonus`s for potting FT staff, thats a given
Rubbish..How can you say that ?. I am PT and do the job properly!!!
The PT /FT divide annoys and astonishes me in equal measure. Posts like this do not help in any way , shape or form.
All staff should be treated the same .. full effing stop!!!
The best way is to bring back every thing that you cannot deliver when the customer is not there to sign for it. Now that PDA;s are about for everybody there seems to be a trend for Posties to PDA all their tracked as delivered before they leave the office, some are even signing for all their SD's recordeds and sign for tracked. then they leave the PDA in the office. How stupid is that as the time that the item is delivered does not reflect the actual time it is received, any disputes by the customer and basically you could be done for theft. This trend seems to be the rural rounds where the customers say its ok. Don't do it your DOMs can track where you are when you sign for it and if the delivery is shown as 07:30 online and you dont' get to that delivery point till 11 am then your in the poo. Also thinking that it saves time, possibily it does but your Dom will make you do more work. Its bad enough now with lapsing or forced overtime. What did the CWU advocate do the job properly. When it all goes wrong especially putting something through the wrong door signing for it and the customer does no bring it back then your in big trouble.
martini wrote:The best way is to bring back every thing that you cannot deliver when the customer is not there to sign for it. Now that PDA;s are about for everybody there seems to be a trend for Posties to PDA all their tracked as delivered before they leave the office, some are even signing for all their SD's recordeds and sign for tracked. then they leave the PDA in the office. How stupid is that as the time that the item is delivered does not reflect the actual time it is received, any disputes by the customer and basically you could be done for theft. This trend seems to be the rural rounds where the customers say its ok. Don't do it your DOMs can track where you are when you sign for it and if the delivery is shown as 07:30 online and you dont' get to that delivery point till 11 am then your in the poo. Also thinking that it saves time, possibily it does but your Dom will make you do more work. Its bad enough now with lapsing or forced overtime. What did the CWU advocate do the job properly. When it all goes wrong especially putting something through the wrong door signing for it and the customer does no bring it back then your in big trouble.
A stupid trend, Black Bay shows the precise place the item was signed for by all accounts and any complaint would highlight, potentially, the item didn't leave the DO.
JiminyBillyBob wrote:I've accidently posted about 4 specials in my short time with RM, Never been called up once about it!?
I guess if the customer is honest enough, not trying to get something for nothing, and not a compulsive complainer its not a problem? Either that or Im exceptionally lucky or managment at my place are beyond useless?
Im betting your part time? Part time seem to be able to do whatever they want, full time on the other hand, 1 slip and you gone, they save sooooooooooooo much in hours, pensions, and potentialy long term a LOT of money. Managers are on bonus`s for potting FT staff, thats a given
I don't think that's got anything to do with it, it seems to depend on what office it is. One of our staff has had a special go missing a couple of weeks ago, he must have delivered it to the wrong house and it had a lot of cash in it. He hasn't even been disciplined, there's also a guy who has lost 2 specials in a year and again, nothing.
To the guy who has posted 4 SD's, wtf are you playing at? 16 years and I've never posted any, unless you're on a commercial that gets a lot of SD's just put them separately in your bag and either mark them off on the mail or just remember where they are! I do the latter as we get the SD's after tying up.
No update as of yet............seems to have gone a bit quiet in that particular office. Don't know if they've been told to mind their own business, which often happens. Just been told, it happened and it's gone out of the office. The particular postie has been told he's not allowed to deliver any Specials, his colleagues are surprised he's allowed to deliver anything and wonder why he hasn't been suspended?
I know these things sometimes take a while for the powers that be to investigate.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Having a chat with the guy who was the Stand in Manager. Came out in conversation. Said he wasn't in the chair when it happened so he's out of the loop. All he knows is "There's an investigation being made". No idea what that means. Apparently the Postie in question in not being allowed to deliver Specials but all that means is he's getting away with doing even less work.
The guys in his Office that are having to deliver his Specials for him aren't too impressed.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder wrote:Having a chat with the guy who was the Stand in Manager. Came out in conversation. Said he wasn't in the chair when it happened so he's out of the loop. All he knows is "There's an investigation being made". No idea what that means. Apparently the Postie in question in not being allowed to deliver Specials but all that means is he's getting away with doing even less work.
The guys in his Office that are having to deliver his Specials for him aren't too impressed.
Wonder if I could lose a medium and a big parcel, would I be taken off delivery of them!?
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
JiminyBillyBob wrote:I've accidently posted about 4 specials in my short time with RM, Never been called up once about it!?
I guess if the customer is honest enough, not trying to get something for nothing, and not a compulsive complainer its not a problem? Either that or Im exceptionally lucky or managment at my place are beyond useless?
To the guy who has posted 4 SD's, wtf are you playing at? 16 years and I've never posted any, unless you're on a commercial that gets a lot of SD's just put them separately in your bag and either mark them off on the mail or just remember where they are! I do the latter as we get the SD's after tying up.
Tell me about it, I swear I would've been let go by now if I was in a different office, Im in a small town office, we seem to have different DOM and managers every week, the couple of regular managers we have are completely useless, one seems to have lost any passion for the job, and the other is so stupid I question how he ever got the job in the first place? Its a complete mess!
In conclusion to this latest example of World Class Mail......... Nothing's Happened!
No Suspension...No Sacking....No Disciplinary. God knows why, it just all seems to have blow over and been brushed under the carpet. The Postie in question is carrying on as usual and the only "Punishment" seems to be....he's got to deliver his own Specials again. FFS!
Makes you wonder what some people have got to do to get sorted. Machine gun a bus full of Nuns and children perhaps? I can only put it down to Management apathy. Perhaps it was too much trouble to process the necessary paperwork.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Totally agree Mr Plodder. Seems ludicrous somebody can commit an offense like that and get away with it with no disciplinary action whatsoever. We see time and time again on here where seeming less minor incidents have seen perpetrators spend a week in the stocks!
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
dav1524 wrote:It always surprises me what people will do to gain an hour, a guy at my office used to sign for specials
so he could get home and fly his falcons he no longer works here.
I don't understand why people want to rush around and make dumb decisions and mistakes and put their jobs at risk. Also why would you want to get back to the office early just to be sent back out to more! Job and knock is dead sadly.
Not sure if I did the right thing today, I had a special, an international item, I knocked on the door and scanned it as delivered expecting the signature box to come up but it didn't so obviously didn't need a signature. No one answered so I delivered it as you would a tracked item that doesn't need a signature. Now I'm worrying thinking I should have taken it back to the office. Did I do the right thing?
Barbel wrote:Not sure if I did the right thing today, I had a special, an international item, I knocked on the door and scanned it as delivered expecting the signature box to come up but it didn't so obviously didn't need a signature. No one answered so I delivered it as you would a tracked item that doesn't need a signature. Now I'm worrying thinking I should have taken it back to the office. Did I do the right thing?
Its an interesting point, was it from the US by any chance? We get loads just lately through the locker as specials that don't require a signature provided it's shown on the PDA there's no need to worry.