ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CWU says Royal Mail workers 'certain' to back strike

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: CWU says Royal Mail workers 'certain' to back strike

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I'm not so sure about this.
I don't know why the CWU top brass are.
The last deal has left a severe and lasting bad taste in people's mouths.
For me, the result of the ballot is far from predictable. :nervous
But the wrong result's consequences are too much to contemplate. :sad:
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
She Raa
Posts: 162
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 19:39
Gender: Female

Re: CWU says Royal Mail workers 'certain' to back strike

Post by She Raa »

Probably trying Moya's approach... they tell you, and you believe it!
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: CWU says Royal Mail workers 'certain' to back strike

Post by Shambles »

She Raa wrote:Probably trying Moya's approach... they tell you, and you believe it!

Thing is though, WE DON'T believe her or her Corrupt fooked up Cronies!

I for one TOTALLY support my UNION!

ALL Our Livliehoods are at stake, this is going to be Unprecedented!

:cuppa
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: CWU says Royal Mail workers 'certain' to back strike

Post by Red Robbo »

TBT, 8.6% pay rise, guaranteed T&C for three years, £300.00 lump sum for good behavior, may be £2k in shares, and got a job, do you really think the afore mentioned is going to give us any public sympathy ????
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: CWU says Royal Mail workers 'certain' to back strike

Post by Shambles »

Red Robbo wrote:TBT, 8.6% pay rise, guaranteed T&C for three years, £300.00 lump sum for good behavior, may be £2k in shares, and got a job, do you really think the afore mentioned is going to give us any public sympathy ????
May I interject and say, maybe your right, maybe the public etc won't be sympathetic to us Posties....but they will be paying attention to the potential cost to them, as they are well aware Private Companies are all about the MONEY/ dividends etc...

:cuppa
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: CWU says Royal Mail workers 'certain' to back strike

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Red Robbo wrote:TBT, 8.6% pay rise, guaranteed T&C for three years, £300.00 lump sum for good behavior, may be £2k in shares, and got a job, do you really think the afore mentioned is going to give us any public sympathy ????
No but then I wouldn't class the way you put it as exactly falling into the proviso I put on it.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Actually i think for once, if handled correctly, public sympathy will be with us.
They should concentrate on the fact the 2nd and 3rd pay rises are not guaranteed, that there is a no strike deal for whole units not individuals and if one person goes on strike the bonus is surrendered for everyone. That the stability agreement is all pie in the sky, there are no details for us to accept yet. That the pension changes are worse for longer serving staff because of the change to RPI and a cap of 5%, that the B&H is still endemic and yet has been flatly denied by Moya. That the 3 or 5 year guarantee of TCs is not worth the paper its written on as its probably not legally binding if new management come in. Of course the Anti-Privatisation message should also be pushed as much as possible as well.

Then we might get some sympathy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DavidUK
Posts: 77
Joined: 31 Aug 2010, 21:22
Gender: Male
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: CWU says Royal Mail workers 'certain' to back strike

Post by DavidUK »

Red Robbo wrote:TBT, 8.6% pay rise, guaranteed T&C for three years, £300.00 lump sum for good behavior, may be £2k in shares, and got a job, do you really think the afore mentioned is going to give us any public sympathy ????

No, you're right, it won't; although I tend to believe that 'public sympathy' is overrated anyway.

I don't doubt that the ballot will be in favour of a strike but when it actually comes to it many who voted 'yes' won't go on strike, or if they do, it'll only be for the odd day here and there. Certainly at the office I work at, less than 10% will strike, if that.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: CWU says Royal Mail workers 'certain' to back strike

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Red Robbo wrote:TBT, 8.6% pay rise, guaranteed T&C for three years, £300.00 lump sum for good behavior, may be £2k in shares, and got a job, do you really think the afore mentioned is going to give us any public sympathy ????
No.
But these are the highlights of RM's doing. As per usual, they promote the good bits, and fail to mention the bad, which are far more extensive. Just like you did.
I have explained to a few people that have asked the real deal and it's strings, and they were sympathetic.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: CWU says Royal Mail workers 'certain' to back strike

Post by Judgee »

As long as the public are made aware of just what privatisation means to them then we may get public support. Increase in postage alone will annoy many, particularly after the rise in stamps we have already had in recent years. They may not send letters any more but how many will be affected by an increase in the cost of thier ebay/amazon crap due to higher postage costs imposed by a privatised RM. Postage costs are sure to rise in the name of profit! :arrrghhh
Union what Union? Do we have a union?