ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Singing Black Country postman releases his first record

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Singing Black Country postman releases his first record

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/lo ... an-6024231" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Image

A singing postman who delivers lyrics along with his letters has released his first record.

Nathan Farrell’s first single, The Closer You Come, is available online after he was signed up by London-based artist development agency Downtown Artists.

The 27-year-old dad-of-two, from Walsall , said the release was the fulfilment of a ten-year dream.

“I always belted out a few tunes as I delivered mail and people would comment on my voice and ask me to sing for them as I dropped off their letters,” Nathan said.

“I have entered national singing competitions and have reached many finals but it was my dream to write my own record and see it produced.

“I am very pleased with The Closer You Come, which is an emotive ballad.

“I will be only too pleased to belt out a few lines of my new song for my customers if they would like me to.

“I love my job as a postman but would also love to become a full-time singer.

“Hopefully I will get a great response to the song and this will be just the start.”

Nathan, from Church Street, Bloxwich, lives with his partner Jayne and their two children two-year-old Connor and Casey, aged one.

He is a fan of Elton John, Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and added: “I want my family including my two children to be really proud of me.”

Nathan has been a postman for ten years and is often recognised by his customers from his time on talent shows.

* The Closer You Come is available on Amazon and iTunes. You can follow Nathan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nathan-Fa ... ng-Postman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Singing Black Country postman releases his first record

Post by Darren Bent »

Nice bloke :)