ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

IM FREE ! ! !

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robinvn
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 15:24
Gender: Male

Re: IM FREE ! ! !

Post by robinvn »

It's very true what this job does to you. I took IHR after almost 35 years in the job I can say I loved the job for 31 years but the last 4, I began to hate it but only because of the pathetic managers we had. You really had no respect for most of them.
Carrying pouches all those years wore my left hip out and I used to carry them correctly: i.e bandalero style. I had to have hip surgery and now have 2 implants in my hip. I resumed work after some while but felt it was putting too much strain on the new joint and so went for IHR. It also affected my spine, as I have 4 disc bulges. That's where constant pressure on the spine actually forces the disc outside of the outer rim. They are not too much of a problem but if turn too quickly sometimes, it feels like I've pulled a muscle in my back and it's difficult to move for a couple of days.

Since my 'retirement' from RM, I now go to the gym 3 times a week and my legs and hip feel a lot stronger. I actually feel like I could go back to work there, as I feel very fit again but would be difficult, as I now live in Florida!
So I can sympathise with anyone who is suffering one way or another. I have to say, I did have good support from ATOS over this and also from Cliff, my manager. The only decent manager in my office.

All I would say is, don't jeapordise your health because of this job. :wave
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: IM FREE ! ! !

Post by krussel »

robinvn wrote:I actually feel like I could go back to work there, as I feel very fit again but would be difficult, as I now live in Florida!
Oh I loved that bit, fantastic :Very Happy

Way to go. :thumbup
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: IM FREE ! ! !

Post by calpsy »

Going to the gym everyday and not doing the postie walks has really strengthened my knees and I too feel I could do a long walk but wouldn't go back . Great being away and pain free .
circles
Posts: 59
Joined: 23 Mar 2010, 08:21
Gender: Male

Re: IM FREE ! ! !

Post by circles »

You are one jammy bar-steward "Calpsy" . You trying to extract the urine ya rocket lol ;-)
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: IM FREE ! ! !

Post by calpsy »

Hey " circles " ! ! LOL

Don't hate the player , hate the game :nana

You still working hard on the easiest walk in the office ?? ha ha

Good to be out but missing the guys ........... well most of em . You know .