Have a read of this, an LTB from 2009 put up by POSTMAN
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ox#p191402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Argument of Low letter box
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Argument of Low letter box
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Argument of Low letter box
Agreed as I think it is ridicous. 3 reason
1. easier to steal mail
2. easier for dogs to attack you ie smaller dogs like Jack Russell
3. We are too tall.
1. easier to steal mail
2. easier for dogs to attack you ie smaller dogs like Jack Russell
3. We are too tall.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Argument of Low letter box
Easier to steal mail if its sticking out of the letterbox you mean?Darren Bent wrote:Agreed as I think it is ridicous. 3 reason
1. easier to steal mail
2. easier for dogs to attack you ie smaller dogs like Jack Russell
3. We are too tall.
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Argument of Low letter box
Even if its pushed all the way through it is easy to steal because it is sat on the floor just behind the box, if the box is at waist height it is harder to steal mail because it falls to the floor.dvbuk55 wrote:Easier to steal mail if its sticking out of the letterbox you mean?Darren Bent wrote:Agreed as I think it is ridicous. 3 reason
1. easier to steal mail
2. easier for dogs to attack you ie smaller dogs like Jack Russell
3. We are too tall.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Argument of Low letter box
So it is but who knows - the woman was just asking for it to be pushed through and therefore the security becomes her responsibility.PhilthyPhil wrote:Even if its pushed all the way through it is easy to steal because it is sat on the floor just behind the box, if the box is at waist height it is harder to steal mail because it falls to the floor.dvbuk55 wrote:Easier to steal mail if its sticking out of the letterbox you mean?Darren Bent wrote:Agreed as I think it is ridicous. 3 reason
1. easier to steal mail
2. easier for dogs to attack you ie smaller dogs like Jack Russell
3. We are too tall.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Argument of Low letter box
with a suitable tong ie something to hold meat on a barbie, Put through letter box and pinch it if they know it is quiet area.
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Argument of Low letter box
I see your point as it is frustrating when using these letterboxes but sometimes you have to bite your tongue
I have a house on my walk with a tiny letterbox,low down and with spring loaded action.If there are any windows open i lob the mail through them and one day a lady asked me "why was my mail in my living room yesterday?" and when i explained the issue politely and played the poor little postie with back issues,she said that she has been meaning to get a new one and will sort it but until then she will leave a window open for me to use
2 weeks later and a nice new front door was installed with waist high letterbox! Sometimes you just need to be nice to em 
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Argument of Low letter box
music4essex wrote:Hi I was delivering to this house, which has a very small letter box about 6" wide but at the bottom of this wooden door
The house sits on a lot of land and about 40ft from unadopted road but has no gate so is open to the road, and is well looked after so loads of money.
The lady owner came out and said could I make sure the letters are pushed through as Kids can see them from the road , I replied I am not sure I can as I have a bad back ( though I put the letters in the letterbox but not always all the way through as the letterbox is stiff, for me to push them all the way through I would probably have to kneel on the front porch). The lady says to me in that case you should not be doing the job , my reply was if my back goes bending down pushing your letters through are you going to pay my mortgage if I have no job, i also said, the letterbox should be higher , so she replied you should not be doing the job and I am going to complain , I said I have passed all the tests and been doing the job 24yrs I just walked off, got back to the office and they had rang up made some story up I was rude , maybe I was, but she was first by saying I should not be in the job.![]()
I told my lino about how low the box was so he is going round tomorrow to see it , Just put a box on the side of the porch
Essex mum
no access job ..... f*ck them .... their attitude would soon change if their not getting a delivery ... or chap them up every day to give them their letters .... that is what I would do
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."