ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

van fleet

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: van fleet

Post by calpsy »

Our office got 20 brand new vans and before I had left they were all in really good nick .

I must admit I really hated seeing the old clapped out vans driven around looking manky and rusty and bashed .

Not a good advert at all when you see what the other delivery people are driving around in .
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: van fleet

Post by BingBong »

i honestly dont care what i drive lol
Toon Army!
leadseal
Posts: 44
Joined: 09 May 2007, 16:48

Re: van fleet

Post by leadseal »

apparently there are no more vans left out of the fleet of 7000+ that were ordered for the revisions. Any new revisions will be receiving recycled vans from the existing fleet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: van fleet

Post by DGP1 »

We can't even get a van when one of ours needs repaired........not that I care, if the van is not roadworthy it will be signed off the road.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: van fleet

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

DGP1 wrote:We can't even get a van when one of ours needs repaired........not that I care, if the van is not roadworthy it will be signed off the road.
We sometimes get told by managers NOT to log vans off, as they are short of them.
This of course triggers quite a few 'issues' to be found. :whistle
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Mr_Pink
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
Gender: Male

Re: van fleet

Post by Mr_Pink »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
DGP1 wrote:We can't even get a van when one of ours needs repaired........not that I care, if the van is not roadworthy it will be signed off the road.
We sometimes get told by managers NOT to log vans off, as they are short of them.
This of course triggers quite a few 'issues' to be found. :whistle
Same story in our DO, we are so short that one of our (spare) vans managed to pass an MOT with a crack in the windscreen that ran from driver's side top corner to the passenger side bottom corner! Do RM MOT their own OMVs?
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: van fleet

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Mr_Pink wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
DGP1 wrote:We can't even get a van when one of ours needs repaired........not that I care, if the van is not roadworthy it will be signed off the road.
We sometimes get told by managers NOT to log vans off, as they are short of them.
This of course triggers quite a few 'issues' to be found. :whistle
Same story in our DO, we are so short that one of our (spare) vans managed to pass an MOT with a crack in the windscreen that ran from driver's side top corner to the passenger side bottom corner! Do RM MOT their own OMVs?
Technically yes.
Though I think officially repairs/servicing/MOT's etc. are outsourced, to RoMEC maybe.
Used to be all one company, but it's all chopped up, well, nearly all...
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: van fleet

Post by Brain Fury »

leadseal wrote:apparently there are no more vans left out of the fleet of 7000+ that were ordered for the revisions. Any new revisions will be receiving recycled vans from the existing fleet.
Not true