ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bedtime?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Bedtime?

Post by crazyshrew »

anywhere between 10 and 11, up at 5 30 to start at 6
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Bedtime?

Post by krussel »

Lights out at 10 pm. Up at 4.20am :neutral:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: Bedtime?

Post by wiganpostie »

Usually go to bed about 11, but it only takes me 5 minutes tops to fall asleep. Up for 530 am :neutral:
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Bedtime?

Post by Caniel »

I'm in bed at 8pm and up at 4am for a 6am start. I don't like to rush in the morning and I have a long cycle ride to work. I need at least 8 hours sleep a day or I feel all cranky at work.
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: Bedtime?

Post by janitor »

Bed at 11 up at 0530.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Bedtime?

Post by Stormproof »

bed at about 10/11. Wake up about 4.30 or 5 before the alarm goes off.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Bedtime?

Post by fishtank »

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed........
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Bedtime?

Post by OnAFlyer »

Go to bed around 11, get up at 6.40 Mon/tues and 6.10 wed-Sat (different start time).

Getting up at 4-4.30am is one thing I don't miss at all.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Bedtime?

Post by DGP1 »

Chelseablue wrote:Normally 10 after I've made love to the missus for a good few pulsating hours ,, liar liar ,,I know lol
You live alone? :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Bedtime?

Post by krussel »

Chelseablue wrote:I've made love to the missus for a good few pulsating hours
Yeah we all know that a posties back wont stand that stamina after slogging the streets :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
paranoid-android
Posts: 106
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 09:17
Gender: Male

Re: Bedtime?

Post by paranoid-android »

shuffler3 wrote:
gand wrote:I find getting all my D2D prepared on Saturday afternoon in my own time and working my breaks along with doing free overtime means i don't have to get much sleep. Which mean's i can do more free work for royal mail. Which helps the company to keep me in a job. and give's us all better working rights. :Very Happy
Good lad.........we need more like ya.............well done. Top man!!!

Moya, is that you? :pray
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: Bedtime?

Post by Cedar_Room »

Between 10 & 11pm.

Used to be a lot earlier,but as much as I dislike finishing later I do not miss the really early starts.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
BettySwollocks
Posts: 346
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12

Re: Bedtime?

Post by BettySwollocks »

About 2 in the afternoon , wake about 9pm (if i'm lucky and get a decent sleep)

I work nights on CSS machines.
quite frequently, i'll wake after just 3-4 hours and can't drop back off :sad:
i start at 23:30, finish 09:15.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Bedtime?

Post by spiderj »

Go to bed round eleven
Used to be around nine
Now I don't worry bout nothing
Cos worryins a waste a my time..............
Gnr lies..........new album anthem for things to come Lol
:nana
I won