ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
20 years service.
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service.
When I got my invitation I asked if I could have the monetary value instead. Strangely they didn't reply.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6703
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service.
I just had my vouchers, not interested in meals out with the management in the slightest.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
jamwell
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 14:05
Re: 20 years service.
Thanks for all the replies, I have ordered the vouchers, will not be taking up the offer of a meal with the bosses if and when I receive it............ 
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: 20 years service.
jamwell wrote:Thanks for all the replies, I have ordered the vouchers, will not be taking up the offer of a meal with the bosses if and when I receive it............
Prob best. One of our guys did go to the races with the manager who promptly dropped him as soon as he got on the coach and went off with his manager buddies. He then spent the day with a postie from an office he did not know. The postie hardly talked all day.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service.
Certain managers at my former mc used to go on these for a free meal and day out together. And they were the sort of managers you wouldn't want to spend time with. I didn't go on these and not many of my colleagues did either.
Might be worth going on if there's some of your mates going.
Might be worth going on if there's some of your mates going.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: 20 years service.
I would avoid any invitation unless you are management as they poke fun at you just get your gift and let the twats get on with it their time will come!
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service.
Get the vouchers and put them on Ebay. Go for a day at the races with people who's company you actually enjoy and bet the money you got for the vouchers on an outsider.
With a bit of luck you might end up with something that begins to reflect what your loyalty and effort are worth.
If you're not lucky then at least you've had a day out with good people.
With a bit of luck you might end up with something that begins to reflect what your loyalty and effort are worth.
If you're not lucky then at least you've had a day out with good people.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: 20 years service.
The worse that I heard happened a few years back when you used to be invited for a meal at a nice hotel. A college went along on the coach with his wife and of course the hang on managers. All went ok until the meal was finished and he got his award (a certl in a cheap frame and a voucher) after this he noticed that the managers had all gone. He tried to find the coach but that had left hours ago so a lot of posties and their other halves were left standing around wondering how to get home.k979aaa wrote:I would avoid any invitation unless you are management as they poke fun at you just get your gift and let the twats get on with it their time will come!
In the end they had to share cabs and it cost him £45. He was not best pleased and threw the cert in the bin once he got in.
Oh as for the managers, it turned they had all been able to book a room for the night at the hotel on Royal Mail of course. This only happened once as far as I know and when it came around to me i was offered the crappy day at the races, which was not for me.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: 20 years service.
HA, you'll be lucky.sufcgb wrote:So my night out would be next year then if its once a year
Probably privatised by then and I doubt if there's anywhere in the terms and conditions that say you're entitled to a day at the races.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: 20 years service.
You could have three years service and get £485,000 plus 395,000 bonus and £200,000 pension and £195,000 legal health fee's and help your self to £250,000 because you chose to emigrate! Need I say more 
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: 20 years service.
Cool. Can you give me the Devils e-mail address? I assume this requires the selling of my eternal soul.....k979aaa wrote:You could have three years service and get £485,000 plus 395,000 bonus and £200,000 pension and £195,000 legal health fee's and help your self to £250,000 because you chose to emigrate! Need I say more
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
jamwell
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 14:05
Re: 20 years service.
UnhappyGremlin wrote:Cool. Can you give me the Devils e-mail address? I assume this requires the selling of my eternal soul.....k979aaa wrote:You could have three years service and get £485,000 plus 395,000 bonus and £200,000 pension and £195,000 legal health fee's and help your self to £250,000 because you chose to emigrate! Need I say more
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: 20 years service.
I did the same by the way I don't suffer fools gladly why should I put myself to be with them all night!.krussel wrote:Stuff the free night with the managers unless you get on really well with them and they are your mates.![]()
Yep its 80 HUGE pounds for 20 years slog.![]()
I took the vouchers and bought a speed cam detector for the car which has saved me a few times now so was prob worth it. The only worth while part of the deal is the extra week off which to be fair to RM is actually quite good.