ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Any tips to speed up my delivering?
-
silver_fox
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 27 Jan 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Any tips to speed up my delivering?
no, all things i do regularly as it's the only way to finish on time. i'm past caring about a lot of things, it's the way the management make you feel, in our office anyway. you do a 'proper' job and you get more hassle/threats of suspension than doing the above shortcuts, which go largely unnoticed.
-
Zootsuit
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 07 Oct 2011, 19:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Any tips to speed up my delivering?
Silver Fox speaks much sense on what to think about in the office.
However, most of what is
However, most of what is
I'm with Mr Pink, Silver Fox has GOT TO BE JOKING! This is just about as perfect a list of how NOT to do things as you could write!suggested about conduct on delivery is job suicide if you work in our office:
-doorstep parcels, especially if it's 'under cover and out of sight' SUSPENSION
-try to bring back as little as possible, takes more time writing dockets and putting stickers on when you get back
-put through recordeds if they fit, customer will appreciate it SUSPENSION
-start writing dockets for big recordeds/specials straight away don't wait to knock twice knock twice ffs, give 'em a chance!
-walk across grass unless customer tells you off if the grass looks uncared for!
-if using a trolley don't move it every call, do as much as you can with it in sight eg a loop with grass cutting etc be vewy vewy careful if you work in a scroat filled area!
-don't chat to customers for long, start to walk away and say 'better get on' as they can hold you up for several minutes FIRST GOOD ADVICE!
-always have your pda with you as you never know when a recorded or tracked might appear! SECOND GOOD ADVICE
-keep specials separate from all other mail at all times, easy to lose one if you're not careful REALLY GOOD ADVICE(although I'm suprised Silver Fox didn't advise just to chuck 'em over the fence!
-any calls that take ages (down a longtrack, long walk etc) be selective with, if it's just advertising it can wait til the next day SUSPENSION
-put these calls back on the sorting frame if theres loads of other letters there when you get back or just endorse the letter writing 'no access' or 'dog out' on a bit of paper on top of it
-also no problem putting the odd thing back in a post box, it will only come back through the system again SUSPENSION
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Any tips to speed up my delivering?
If I've got any small packets that will slide into a bundle, such as DVD size stuff, then I put it in the bundle rather than loose in the bag. It means making more bundles but it's less time rooting around for something that's slid out of place.
As has been previously said prep is the key thing. An extra 10 minutes getting everything tidy and well organised saves a lot of time on delivery. The number of times I've seen people rush their prepping and then end up leaving a bag or tray in the office, or worse losing something, just to get out a couple of minutes in the office is staggering.
As has been previously said prep is the key thing. An extra 10 minutes getting everything tidy and well organised saves a lot of time on delivery. The number of times I've seen people rush their prepping and then end up leaving a bag or tray in the office, or worse losing something, just to get out a couple of minutes in the office is staggering.
-
daveyh85
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Any tips to speed up my delivering?
Instead of reversing your letters to indicate you have a parcel why not write a small description on the letter of the parcel for that address when your prepping?
For example if I had a medium packet in black wrapping I'll write ''M Black'' on the corner of that address' letter so I wont be rooting in my bag looking at every packet.
Works for me.
For example if I had a medium packet in black wrapping I'll write ''M Black'' on the corner of that address' letter so I wont be rooting in my bag looking at every packet.
Works for me.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Any tips to speed up my delivering?
It isn't speed of delivery that the management are interested in where I work, it's the speed of prep and getting out of the office. That's the only thing they notice, as they never see or are interested enough in delivery to actually know what on earth is going on out there.
-
viking1488
- Posts: 446
- Joined: 15 May 2009, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Any tips to speed up my delivering?
I will give u a tip tell that f***ing arse you work with to slow downhewittinspain wrote:I always seem to be 1-5 minutes behind my work partners whether they are younger,older,slimmer or fatter. Im tall, I have long legs and I reckon I walk quick and I try and race round now so at least no one is waiting back at the van so im guessing it cant just be down to walking fast,maybe its actually the delivering. I tend to get my letters bundled up as im walking up the drive whilst looking at which house is next. I use 2 hands,one to open the letterbox and one to push them through. If its a busy parcel day this is where I slow down a bit. I come to my reversed letter so I know theres a parcel but I get frustrated when I cant find it sometimes as its probably the small one thats dropped to the bottom of the parcel loop bag which is jammed packed to the brim full of parcels,so im unloading them on the path and then when ive found the parcel I need I spend another minute packing them all back up.lol. Time ive knocked on the door,realised their not in,wrote out a card and endorsed the parcel 5 minutes have gone by.
How do I speed this heavy parcel day up?
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Any tips to speed up my delivering?
Back to the future Skate Board might help....not sure they are ready for order yet 
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.