ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

breaks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: breaks

Post by Barbel »

veronihilverius wrote:working for five and a half hours without a break is really bad its making me ill. the full timers get a break inbetween . beside the fact im only getting 20 minutes break and i should get 30 minutes . I feel tottaly lied to and abused.

I cant cope any more
May I ask in what way it is making you ill? I can't say by not having a break is making me feel ill, hunger & thirst yes but I always make sure I take a snack and drink with me to top up on the way round. Besides the point I know as we should be getting breaks. The killer for me is the sun beaming down on me for 4 hours without a break.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: breaks

Post by Sidley »

Barbel wrote:Ha ha yes true but then you risk a bollocking when you get back to the office. Not so bad if you've been there donkeys years and are on a permanent contract, but when you're only on 3 month rolling contracts and you've been there less than a year you feel the pressure big time.


And will for as long as you capitulate unfortunately. Rock and a hard place spring to mind. :neutral:
Get on to your rep.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: breaks

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Barbel wrote:
veronihilverius wrote:working for five and a half hours without a break is really bad its making me ill. the full timers get a break inbetween . beside the fact im only getting 20 minutes break and i should get 30 minutes . I feel tottaly lied to and abused.

I cant cope any more
May I ask in what way it is making you ill? I can't say by not having a break is making me feel ill, hunger & thirst yes but I always make sure I take a snack and drink with me to top up on the way round. Besides the point I know as we should be getting breaks. The killer for me is the sun beaming down on me for 4 hours without a break.
Diabetes, any number of medical conditions :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: breaks

Post by post_bitch »

I hope this video helps in your fight against them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzpWT66Km8E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good luck my son
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
arthur was right
Posts: 68
Joined: 24 Mar 2013, 19:01
Gender: Male

Re: breaks

Post by arthur was right »

Just read through the posts on here and one person has said they have worked for royal mail for 8 months and have never had a break cos the mail wouldn't get delivered!!!
I am absolutely astounded by this!!!! Its like working for some kind of tinpot company in the 3rd world FFS cwu WHERE ARE YOU.... what a really crap company!!!!
you should all hang your heads in shame for doin nowt
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: breaks

Post by post_bitch »

So royal mails own terms and conditions of contract say we are allowed a break..
But this means they can themselves dictate for you to be forced to take it at the end of the duty because you have no legal rights,,
because legally a part timer is not entitled to a break if they work less than 6 hours per day.
sorry OP u will just need to suffer
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: breaks

Post by fishtank »

veronihilverius wrote:2.I start at 9 and finish at 2 but the manager said i cant take a break in the middle only at the end i could really do with a break in the middle because i get hungry and exhausted.
The Way Forward Agreement holds the field on Attendance Breaks.
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... eement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It states in Section 5:Meal Breaks that you cannot schedule a single break at the beginning or end of attendance.
Breaks at the beginning or end of attendance

Where an attendance is provided with more than one break, the second break may be scheduled at the beginning or end, in which case attendance is not required solely for booking on or off. A single break should not be scheduled at the beginning or end of the attendance
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: breaks

Post by post_bitch »

So in a nutshell his manager is willingly breaking breaks code of procedures set out in the contract between the cwu and rm which is set standards within the company for health and safety reasons.After asking his manager and being told me must and has no choice to take his break at the end. And if it has made him ill then he will succeed if he decides to resign and go down the constructive dismissal route due to his job being made deliberately impossible. While the CWU rep stood by and allowed it.

I dont know who is worse the CWU or his manager
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: breaks

Post by post_bitch »

Image
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: breaks

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

post_bitch wrote:So in a nutshell his manager is willingly breaking breaks code of procedures set out in the contract between the cwu and rm which is set standards within the company for health and safety reasons.After asking his manager and being told me must and has no choice to take his break at the end. And if it has made him ill then he will succeed if he decides to resign and go down the constructive dismissal route due to his job being made deliberately impossible. While the CWU rep stood by and allowed it.

I dont know who is worse the CWU or his manager

You forgot the government and politicians who set the laws and the colleagues who aren't helping the OP. More than 1 cook spoilt this broth.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: breaks

Post by post_bitch »

But why would the cwu stand by and let them get away with it . until now. knowing its against the rules of the agreement?
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: breaks

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

post_bitch wrote:But why would the cwu stand by and let them get away with it . until now. knowing its against the rules of the agreement?

You'd have to ask the reps and the office. I am 99% certain it wouldn't happen here.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: breaks

Post by post_bitch »

Is that right... When do the part timers in your office take breaks then?
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: breaks

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

post_bitch wrote:Is that right... When do the part timers in your office take breaks then?
Thats not the point of the thread, the point is that they wouldn't be forced to take it at the end like this manager is trying to.

However, in the spirit of full disclosure about 10% take it before they go out, about 20% take it out on delivery (to split it up) but most at the end, despite being warned not to, and they are not forced to do so thats the difference.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: breaks

Post by post_bitch »

Now im going to really test you. Why would a manager force a part timer to take his break at the end knowings its against the agreement ? Whats in it for them
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;