ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
coming in early
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: coming in early
What his duty starts at 5 and he opens at 4.30 when I arrive at 5.20 so I think you lot have a problem. Manager is not seen till 5.15.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: coming in early
I am not at that DO so I have no idea, but at my DO we have posties opening at 5am when their duty starts, Managers start with the rest of us at 6:30 which answers your basic question.cloherty1976 wrote:What his duty starts at 5 and he opens at 4.30 when I arrive at 5.20 so I think you lot have a problem. Manager is not seen till 5.15.
The rest, about us having a problem, and the blame a manager comment are cheap shots, hence my comment.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No its a duty - but your slip is starting to show.cloherty1976 wrote:Quick question the delivery offices I deliver too are opened by postman and not managers.. So can you blame a manager for this?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: coming in early
Tbt I respect your views but still don't understand what you mean all I said is the way it is and you jump on me
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Re: coming in early
Personally I don't go in before my start time but I'm on P&L and my 'partner' is always in at least 30 minutes early and has prepped most, if not all of his mech when I arrive, plus D2D's. He knows better than to touch my walk, but whatever I say to him makes no difference. Has anybody got any advice?
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: coming in early
Starfish point proves my point tbt
-
music4essex
- Posts: 717
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
- Gender: Female
Re: coming in early
In my Office managers start 45 mins before time doing OPG work, and about 20 folks come in early by 45 mins
Also a postperson opens up and hour early for the folks doing IPS o/t
The folks that start early are allowed to finish up to 2-3hrs before some of us that do the job properly and nothing is said to them,
Essex mum
Also a postperson opens up and hour early for the folks doing IPS o/t
The folks that start early are allowed to finish up to 2-3hrs before some of us that do the job properly and nothing is said to them,
Essex mum
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: coming in early
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:So your saying a converted sinner should not be allowed back into the fold. A bit short sighted and pointless if I may be so bold. I'd rather have an early starter converted to following the guidelines and preaching to the masses, he may convert more.Chelseablue wrote:Well said Aidan , he came in early before now thinks he's god because he starts at his time now ,,, should've bin doin that all the time
Yes, he should have been doing it anyway, but pointing out the obvious when he is already doing what you want, I'm not sure what your drawing attention to.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: coming in early
I would love to come in at my start time and have a nice lie-in, but it has got to the point where managers expect people in my office to come in early, to the point that my manager will be tapping his watch and shaking his head at me when I turn up at my official start time?!
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: coming in early
JiminyBillyBob wrote:I would love to come in at my start time and have a nice lie-in, but it has got to the point where managers expect people in my office to come in early, to the point that my manager will be tapping his watch and shaking his head at me when I turn up at my official start time?!
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
woofwoof
- Posts: 1516
- Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: stinky land
Re: coming in early
why not
Work to Plan:-It is imperative that all offices work to a plan and the plan should have
the following in place;-
~• Check on hand traffic on a daily basis'
• Staff sign on work to time (no early starts) all managers ensure that staff work the
hours they are scheduled and start at their start times and not before. unless they are
performing paid overtime as part of 'flexing up
Work to Plan:-It is imperative that all offices work to a plan and the plan should have
the following in place;-
~• Check on hand traffic on a daily basis'
• Staff sign on work to time (no early starts) all managers ensure that staff work the
hours they are scheduled and start at their start times and not before. unless they are
performing paid overtime as part of 'flexing up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: coming in early
How many people started at their time 5/10/15 years ago? Almost none because it was job and finish.Chelseablue wrote:Well said Aidan , he came in early before now thinks he's god because he starts at his time now ,,, should've bin doin that all the time
You say I think I'm god, but I have to read all the shite from some self-righteous tw*ts on here who fill every single thread up with comments about people starting early, even when it has got nothing to do with the thread topic.
It's boring to read these thickos claiming walks wouldn't ever be changed if everyone just started on time and dragged their feet around the walk. Let me say it again in case you didn't understand.
People going in early years ago has nothing, NOTHING to do with modernisation and revisions. That's happening because back then we got paid for doing very little and it was never going to last in a modern world, the job was money for nothing and we all enjoyed it while we had it.
In the last couple of years RM have been pushing for people to work their hours, hence going in early gives a false impression of the walks so anyone with any sense doesn't do it any longer.
I wonder how many of the ones showing bravado on the forum soon back down when they should be cutting off and complete instead, then come on here crying B&H.
Can you follow that?
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Re: coming in early
the title of this thread is coming in early.If your so bored about every thread banging on about it why did you even click on the thread .OnAFlyer wrote:How many people started at their time 5/10/15 years ago? Almost none because it was job and finish.Chelseablue wrote:Well said Aidan , he came in early before now thinks he's god because he starts at his time now ,,, should've bin doin that all the time
You say I think I'm god, but I have to read all the shite from some self-righteous tw*ts on here who fill every single thread up with comments about people starting early, even when it has got nothing to do with the thread topic.
It's boring to read these thickos claiming walks wouldn't ever be changed if everyone just started on time and dragged their feet around the walk. Let me say it again in case you didn't understand.
People going in early years ago has nothing, NOTHING to do with modernisation and revisions. That's happening because back then we got paid for doing very little and it was never going to last in a modern world, the job was money for nothing and we all enjoyed it while we had it.
In the last couple of years RM have been pushing for people to work their hours, hence going in early gives a false impression of the walks so anyone with any sense doesn't do it any longer.
I wonder how many of the ones showing bravado on the forum soon back down when they should be cutting off and complete instead, then come on here crying B&H.
Can you follow that?
-
jamwell
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 14:05
Re: coming in early
I'm not interested in going in early but i can see why some people go in early if you look at the bigger picture. Ask yourself why people who are 30-45 years of age are new starters and its because the work market is crowded with people crying out for a job. These people get a job at RM and then realise the task in front of them is not do-able in the hours RM give them but they are so scared of losing the job and being unable to provide for their families that they will do anything to avoid upsetting the RM management. Its part of the divide and conquer mentality that is prevalent in all aspects of British society. Of course we would all like to just do our hours and get home but for some this means doing a bit extra just to keep their job. (wrongly in my opinion but we are way too far down the road now for things to change).
Last edited by jamwell on 03 Sep 2013, 16:01, edited 2 times in total.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: coming in early
so true jamwell
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: coming in early
Yes,I agree totally.jamwell wrote:I'm not interested in going in early but i can see why some people go in early if you look at the bigger picture. Ask yourself why people who are 30-45 years of age are new starters and its because the work market is crowded with people crying out for a job. These people get a job at RM and then realise the task in front of them is not do-able in the hours RM give them but they are so scared of losing the job and being unable to provide for their families that they will do anything to avoid upsetting the RM management. Its part of the divide and conquer mentality that is prevalent in all aspects of British society. Of course we would all like to just do our hours and get home but for some this means doing a bit extra just to keep their job. (wrongly in my opinion but we are way too far down the road now for things to change).
For we were soldiers once,and young