Disabled Farnworth woman left without post after Royal Mail claim postie was bitten by dog
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10647541._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A DISABLED woman from Farnworth has been unable to receive mail for more than three weeks after a female postal worker refused to deliver to her home.
Tina Young, a 48-year-old widow, of Westminster Avenue, has had no post since the delivery woman claimed one of two dogs at her home had bitten her.
The dogs originally belonged to Mrs Young’s cousin, Mark Holliday, aged 32. A fence has now been erected at Mrs Young’s home to keep the dogs away from visitors.
But she is unable to receive medical forms or benefits and is missing a number of bill payments because her post is still not being delivered.
Mrs Young says she has called the Royal Mail in Bolton and was told she would be “wiped off” the system and put back on again.
She expected to receive mail by last Thursday but has not yet received anything.
Mrs Young said: “I’m not getting anywhere. I’m just being pushed from one door to another.
“I’ve got no money, I can’t go for my medical, I can’t pay my bills. I’m ill, I’m diabetic and I’ve been depressed. This has caused me a lot of stress.
“I’m frustrated and disappointed. The manager at Royal Mail told me they’d taken me off the system three weeks ago and put me back on but I’ve had nothing yet.”
When the incident happened, Mr Holliday went outside to investigate, and says the postal worker claimed she did not know which dog had bitten her.
It is alleged to be either Rex, a rottweiler/labrador cross or Princess, a husky/labrador cross. Mrs Young claimed neither dog was a danger. She said: “They’ll jump up on you if they don’t know you, but they wouldn’t bite you.
“When Mark and I went outside after we heard the woman shouting, but we couldn’t see a bite mark on her arm. We saw a claw mark, but nothing bad.”
Mr Holliday’s dogs are still at Mrs Young’s house after he recently became homeless.
He said the ordeal had affected him and Mrs Young greatly and insisted his dogs were not violent.
A Royal Mail spokesman said: “We would like to apologise for any distress and inconvenience resulting from this temporary suspension.
“We only suspend deliveries as a last resort and will be speaking to Mrs Young again to ensure a speedy solution can be found which will enable us to resume deliveries to her home.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Disabled Farnworth woman left without post after dog bite
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Disabled Farnworth woman left without post after dog bite
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Disabled Farnworth woman left without post after dog bit
I have no sympathy for her, she admitted the dog attacked the postie so she has to pay the price for that, her choices are quite simple, get rid of the dogs, secure the property and put a box up outside or collect her mail for the office.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Disabled Farnworth woman left without post after dog bit
"We saw a claw mark" ... and I bet THAT broke the skin ... reckon that's enough ... and how clean are the claws ... bet there will be a picture in the local rag - with said woman posing in "distressed state" - because that's what the papers want ...
EDIT - Now I've read link - case proved m'lud ... bet that muzzle was bought locally (as in not by post) ...
EDIT EDIT - total support for postie in the "Comments Section" too ...
EDIT - Now I've read link - case proved m'lud ... bet that muzzle was bought locally (as in not by post) ...
EDIT EDIT - total support for postie in the "Comments Section" too ...
Last edited by RedBagMan on 02 Sep 2013, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Disabled Farnworth woman left without post after dog bit
Why can't her loving cousin get her mail?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Disabled Farnworth woman left without post after dog bit
"but they wouldnt bite You"
Yawn
How many times have We all heard that one
Yawn
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Disabled Farnworth woman left without post after dog bit
It does not matter if the dog bit her or not they were not controlled be it on the property or not she should not put herself or anyone who is in the street at risk by opening the gate you do!. I have had enough of these prats with dogs who think it is my job to maim myself for their entertainment make the bitch walk I say!.