http://www.newsnorthwales.co.uk/news/12 ... etter.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A LETTER with special instructions has made its way to its intended recipient.
The Rev Maggie Rich, of Victoria Road, Knighton, received a letter from her friend Jo, in Oldham, despite Jo losing her address book and not remembering the address.
The instructions, written on the envelope, read: “Please please can you find her?
“I know postmen are kind and very clever.
“It is near to where they have a book fair every year, also I think it is in beautiful Wales (just).
“Please Mr Postman can you help me I am in bed in a nursing home and have lost my address book.
“She is a very very special lady, she has a dog called Tinker; a black and white sheepdog."
On the back of the envelope, it read: “If you manage to find her for me I promise a bottle of something at Christmas.”
The letter, posted on Friday, August 16, found its way to Maggie on Monday, August 19, delivered by postman Liam Watts.
The Rev Maggie Rich said: “I’ve not seen her since I moved down here, eight years ago.
“We keep in contact regularly, but although it was not unusual to get a letter, I thought, 'What's happened here?'
“It was a long letter, about 12 pages, but when you're in a nursing home, it’s something to do.
“I’ve written back, sending her my full address and sent her some photographs we took a long time ago.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mailman solves cryptic address on letter
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Mailman solves cryptic address on letter
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Mailman solves cryptic address on letter
Good story,but in our office half the postie's would have put the stamp of death on it without even trying,sad but true.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Mailman solves cryptic address on letter
You'll end up in hell if you keep telling lies.I know postmen are kind and very clever.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
parcelboy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Mailman solves cryptic address on letter
Thats what happens when you sack knowlegeable F/T Posties by fair meaDB1100 wrote:Good story,but in our office half the postie's would have put the stamp of death on it without even trying,sad but true.
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Re: Mailman solves cryptic address on letter
When a vague special came in I told a colleague where to deliver it. He then asked the DOM about it and the Dom said "Kill it off"!DB1100 wrote:Good story,but in our office half the postie's would have put the stamp of death on it without even trying,sad but true.
Do I go the extra mile? Not any more!
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Mailman solves cryptic address on letter
... or knowledgable p/t postiesparcelboy wrote:Thats what happens when you sack knowlegeable F/T Posties by fair meaDB1100 wrote:Good story,but in our office half the postie's would have put the stamp of death on it without even trying,sad but true.ns or foul
in my case.
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Mailman solves cryptic address on letter
On the back of the envelope, it read: “If you manage to find her for me I promise a bottle of something at Christmas.”
Ketchup with the breakfast.
