ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

shortly doing 'firms'

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lance Jack
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: shortly doing 'firms'

Post by Lance Jack »

Firms in our office mean a very easy Saturday as most of the firms are shut.
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: shortly doing 'firms'

Post by music4essex »

I do a firms delivery , picked it up when revision came in ,

Quite often on wed/thur/fri I can go over, or cut off, most times i am doing outdoor/driving for 5hrs or more

I got 1 week training but i insisted on it .

I am 5th senior person, now our HCT walks are only 3.5-4hrs long but got fed up with the constant B/H when doing a delivery

Yes a saturday is easier, but come monday I go over so I try and deliver as much as I can on a saturday if there is a letterbox to put the letters thru,

BTW now on 2 weeks hols :nana :nana :Applause :Applause

Essex mum :wave
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Re: shortly doing 'firms'

Post by postiewhite »

So is it like a parcelforce day except you deliver to businesses rather than both?
interesting
Posts: 217
Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: shortly doing 'firms'

Post by interesting »

I deliver both , but we don't have as many firms as others
Although I do the schools , which are closed on Saturdays
We are due go from firms to support drivers as they now call it in a couple of weeks ( or so they say )
Not sure how it will work out as such
Not doing anymore walking
But packets for some more walks
But less tracked as they cdv's and hct's will be having pda's
So we will have wait and see how it goes
Should have less bag drops as well
llcoolh
Posts: 129
Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 08:58
Gender: Male

Re: shortly doing 'firms'

Post by llcoolh »

Hi postiewhite,

Just wondering how did you get on with firms, did you get any training and how many days of it? Was it easy, did you go over your time?

Bit worried myself as I am doing from tomorrow, went out only two days with the postie, but really didnt pick up anything as the guy wasnt that helpful to teach everything. Any tips?

Many thanks!