ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

WTL today

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: WTL today

Post by robbertwhitton »

handbrake on or off?or just a faulty handbrake that may well need adjusting as most of our age old fleet needs attention,we may well get the blame should a handbrake fail as nt being applied correctly rather than a fault that needs fixing and the van not fit to drive? :Applause
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WTL today

Post by dvbuk55 »

Well I haven't had a WTL for years, the old Line guy used to bring me the script to read and I'd read it if I felt like. On my return to work on Saturday I'm told I now have to by given my own personal WTL including the videos and RMTV :hmmmm we'll see.........I'm to old to be wasting time on this because I don't really care anymore. If things go tits up I'll just retire.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: WTL today

Post by monkeymutha »

If you have been sick, or just skived, when you have your return to work interview they check if you have missed any WTL and normally say' no you havent'. Thing is with day off being every Tuesday I miss it every week anyway and they don't give a shite I never get updated on what was said.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WTL today

Post by dvbuk55 »

monkeymutha wrote:If you have been sick, or just skived, when you have your return to work interview they check if you have missed any WTL and normally say' no you havent'. Thing is with day off being every Tuesday I miss it every week anyway and they don't give a shite I never get updated on what was said.
:chuckle Actually I was in hospital having tests done :sad: and it is apparently no longer RTW but a Welcome Back, which I'm sure isn't meant in my case. There was loads of bollocks, much more than the old system.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: WTL today

Post by DGP1 »

What's all this about putting your handbrake on???

I've been driving for years and I just don't bother, I mean handbrakes cause more deaths than not using them...............I may be confusing handbrakes with guns, those pesky Americans are getting inside my head :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
jagger
Posts: 182
Joined: 23 Sep 2008, 13:24
Gender: Male

Re: WTL today

Post by jagger »

Guns don't kill people, handbrakes do. :Very Happy