ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Threatened with suspension today

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Threatened with suspension today

Post by arnold cheshire »

Bahia Feliz wrote:We have idiots that put next weeks d2d's in on FRIDAY and deliver most of them on the saturday!!
we have idiots that do lapsing before their official start time
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Threatened with suspension today

Post by Spedley »

On a Saturday! Our office shuts an hour before my finish time and the car park is usually full of vans an hour before then.
I would have taken the packet without question if it was my fault and a manager wouldn't have asked if it wasn't so perhaps there is a better relationship where I work.
trevjim
Posts: 170
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: Threatened with suspension today

Post by trevjim »

Good luck anyone putting them in on monday :Applause
haddie
Posts: 143
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 09:05
Gender: Male

Re: Threatened with suspension today

Post by haddie »

d2d are live mail so should not as a rule put in the day before. his style is overbearing and verges on B&H for his threats. meal breaks should be taken before the end of the shift . if he is allowing this he is breaking the rules on breaks. as for mail on the frame even if it had been left by mistake it is a genuine mistake and you cannot be done for delay. the catchword is WILFUL. he is asking you to use your own car which is a conduct offence and if he took his own car on delivery he can be done. I have in the past reported doms for using and allowing car use. Back in December, I was unable to complete. had big argument and left some. later on my walk a young postie from another office appeared in his own car with three bags of mail. He was going to have to leave 2 in the car to come back to. His car could not be locked also. at this point a RM van came along and I took the 2 bags from his car and asked driver to return them to the DO. DOM next day asked who made that decision and I told him I had. I told him he had put a postie as risk of prosecution and also having mail insecure in his car along with having a car on delivery. he became a bit muted and I reported him.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Threatened with suspension today

Post by Dorset Plodder »

:Applause Well done Haddie! :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
haddie
Posts: 143
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 09:05
Gender: Male

Re: Threatened with suspension today

Post by haddie »

I really dislike bullies
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Threatened with suspension today

Post by Shambles »

haddie wrote:I really dislike bullies
Ditto that :thumbup
Shame RM Seem to be infested with them!
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
haddie
Posts: 143
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 09:05
Gender: Male

Re: Threatened with suspension today

Post by haddie »

as do rep as long as I keep to procedures then there aint nothing a dom can do. problem is most doms have never had to read over agreements and so make the rules as they go along. when I point out issues at times I have had to actually show them the thing in black and white before they accept it. its like a teacher standing over an unruly pupil. Now son here is the lesson for today (lol)
Sergeant Blast
Posts: 140
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
Gender: Male
Location: Up North

Re: Threatened with suspension today

Post by Sergeant Blast »

He sounds like a total sh1t to me. I've had one like that. It's a no win situation really. Stand up to him and you become a marked man. Let him have his way and you will continually be dumped on. Avoid confrontation as much as possible and don't return to the office early.
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: Threatened with suspension today

Post by brothermagrew »

He "let" me go about 10 minutes into my break but he told me to "never question him again".

I'd have told him that I was brought into this world to query and question managerial decisions. :Very Happy
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."