ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

POAL

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: POAL

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

fishtank wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote: If I was cynical, I'd be wondering if their failure to find the record of your previous employment was deliberate, to reduce the amount of leave you can have. :cuppa
Only I get to be cynical.
The truth is the records from before 2000 are the issue.
I think RM deleted them or burned them or they are stored on paper and everybody in HR has forgotten how to operate a filing cabinet..
Anytime any of us try to get member's details from before the millenium we get a sharp intake of breath and "we'll have to get back to you"....then nothing.
That might explain their inability to provide me with a copy of my contract then.
If it's on paper, they probably can't find any of it.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Mr Incognito
Posts: 64
Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:02
Gender: Male

Re: POAL

Post by Mr Incognito »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... eement.pdf

extract from page 18 of the Way Forward Agreement

- 3rd paragraph is the important one
2013-07-06_193546.png
Well I'm pleased to say that after a bit of chasing around I am now the happy recipient of 6 weeks leave with out having to pay a penny for the privilege. Thanks for your help Terrier! :Applause
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: POAL

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

:nana :nana :nana
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.