ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Possible SD failure?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Possible SD failure?

Post by OnAFlyer »

Pinky 1 wrote:I always thought that the time was recorded when you scanned the item, not what time it was uploaded to the system :hmmmm

Jpro747, I wouldn't be worrying about it :cuppa
It must be because ours are constantly not sending anything, restarting comms doesn't work, and I end up taking the battery out and replacing it at the end of the duty. it then sends all the items in one go when it reboots. Never had a failure from it and plenty of others do the same.

We've been told its the time you scan the item that counts.
Natstev797
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 Jan 2013, 23:28
Gender: Male

Re: Possible SD failure?

Post by Natstev797 »

Hi apologies if this is posted in the wrong section new to this!
I scanned a tracked item on a pda but forgot to hit the delivered button! I then scanned a recorded delivery for another address got a signature and sent it, will my tracked item come up as a fail or will it be ok?
Any response would be welcomed not been using pda fir long thanks
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Possible SD failure?

Post by Pinky 1 »

Natstev797 wrote:Hi apologies if this is posted in the wrong section new to this!
I scanned a tracked item on a pda but forgot to hit the delivered button! I then scanned a recorded delivery for another address got a signature and sent it, will my tracked item come up as a fail or will it be ok?
Any response would be welcomed not been using pda fir long thanks
No, it won't come up as a failure. As far as the pda is concerned both items will log in as delivered, even if it does think they were for the same address.

....... and Welcome Natstev797 :thumbup
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
Natstev797
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 Jan 2013, 23:28
Gender: Male

Re: Possible SD failure?

Post by Natstev797 »

Thanks for that pinky1
Zootsuit
Posts: 92
Joined: 07 Oct 2011, 19:49
Gender: Male

Re: Possible SD failure?

Post by Zootsuit »

Honesty is the best policy. Get it off your chest and whatever the outcome you'll still feel better. Management might even appreciate your honesty.
With regard to uploading I had a PDA the other day that would not send anything. The count went up eventually to 18 including 4 specials. I reconnected comms at least twice logged on and logged off twice before I tried to log off again back at the office. Still wouldn't send. Said it was but wouldn't. Told guy in locker. Went home. Next day got pulled up by manager in charge of complaints/failures etc as if it was my fault! He did go away when I told him what had happened but it was still a bit irritating - as if there is anything you can do to leave a load of stuff on there even if you wanted to!
Next day there were unsent items on loads of them as people came back, must have been something wrong with the main system however that happens.
If I were you and was as worried about as you seem I would ask if it did come up as a failure by way of wanting to learn more about the way it works. Either that or just completely ignore it, if no-one has said anything so far they probably never will!!!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Possible SD failure?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Its the time its uploaded to the server NOT the time you scan the barcode. Me personaly I wouldnt give 2 hoots, BUT you sound worried enough, so here`s the deal.

The locker will just get an email saying a special failed, they prob wont even know who it was. If they do manage to work out it was you, just say your PDA must have not uploaded it in time but it was deffo clear when you lgged off. The thing is, PDA`s keep losing connection , constantly, there awful things, and management know this. There`s nothing they cam do apart from have a word, nothing to lose sleep over mate, forget it.
The manager gets a prompt that the item has failed - the audit trail shows which duty it was assigned to, the register shows who signed for that duty. Big Brother is watching you :shock:
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Possible SD failure?

Post by k979aaa »

Not come on here and admit it!.

Network fault time is not right on PDA.
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Possible SD failure?

Post by crazyshrew »

Did anyone else get a message on the PDA today, sent at 11:51 saying you have 39 minutes left to deliver your specials - that adds up to a 12:30 deadline

Thankfully i had all mine done by 11 but still rather confused